Total Topics: 7518
Most Online Today: 297
Most Online Ever: 2482
(April 09, 2011, 07:02:45 pm)
Users Online
Members: 1
Guests: 279
Total: 280

Author Topic: Complete manual install help needed please  (Read 4414 times)

Offline vixen220

• Bad Emails DO NOT EMAIL
    • View Profile
Complete manual install help needed please
« on: November 28, 2007, 10:14:51 am »
Hiya

I have been using gallery lite on my own forum for some time and pretty close to upgrading to Pro, as its such a great mod, however, a friend has set up a forum and is trying to install a gallery, but we have a few problems that are stopping us.

the ftp location is not 'localhost' on his server, and the path we have been told to use by the server company does not work. So, we have manually cmodded all the relevant files/folders, even going as far as cmodding the entire forum on a test install, but package manager will still not accept that these files are writtable, and will not go past this part of the installation procedure.

So, my question is this - is there a full explaination somewhere that tells you exactly how to fully manually install gallery lite? I have done a search here in the forums, but nothing is showing, although maybe I am just searching the wrong words. I have no qualms about inserting code, adding db tables, etc, as long as I know what I am meant to be adding, but I have never had to do a manual install before - the most I have done is rewritten templates to allow a link on the indextemplate to show for a mod.
Alternatively, is there a way we can skip the part of the install where its currently stopping, someway we can make it realise the files ARE already writtable, and hence proceded as normal?

Many thanks for any help offered in advance, this is doing our heads in!  ???

Offline SMFHacks

• Administrator
    • View Profile
Re: Complete manual install help needed please
« Reply #1 on: November 28, 2007, 06:46:17 pm »
If you upload the package to this link
http://www.smfhacks.com/smf-package-parser.html

It will tell you what files to edit and where to place files.
Get your Forum Ranked! at https://www.forumrankings.net - find out how your forum compares with others!

Like What I do? Support me at https://www.patreon.com/vbgamer45/

Offline vixen220

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 29, 2007, 02:43:23 am »
Many thanks, will give that a go  ;D

Offline vixen220

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 30, 2007, 02:24:02 am »
Wey Hey!! Many thanks, so far so good, all code inserted and its working upto a point. Now then I need to add the fields to the database, and as soon as the db owner is up and about and lets me in there I will, BUT, I am looking at the galleryinstall.php with the db stuff in it and one part is a bit confusing. All the new db entries I can do, done that before, but its the settings bit at the bottom of that file I am unsure on.

this part...

//Insert the settings
db_query("INSERT IGNORE INTO {$db_prefix}settings VALUES ('gallery_max_height', '2500')", __FILE__, __LINE__);
db_query("INSERT IGNORE INTO {$db_prefix}settings VALUES ('gallery_max_width', '2500')", __FILE__, __LINE__);
db_query("INSERT IGNORE INTO {$db_prefix}settings VALUES ('gallery_max_filesize', '5000000')", __FILE__, __LINE__);
db_query("INSERT IGNORE INTO {$db_prefix}settings VALUES ('gallery_who_viewing', '0')", __FILE__, __LINE__);
db_query("INSERT IGNORE INTO {$db_prefix}settings VALUES ('gallery_commentchoice', '0')", __FILE__, __LINE__);

db_query("REPLACE INTO {$db_prefix}settings VALUES ('gallery_shop_picadd', '0')", __FILE__, __LINE__);
db_query("REPLACE INTO {$db_prefix}settings VALUES ('gallery_shop_commentadd', '0')", __FILE__, __LINE__);

db_query("INSERT IGNORE INTO {$db_prefix}settings VALUES ('gallery_set_showcode_bbc_image', '0')", __FILE__, __LINE__);
db_query("INSERT IGNORE INTO {$db_prefix}settings VALUES ('gallery_set_showcode_directlink', '0')", __FILE__, __LINE__);
db_query("INSERT IGNORE INTO {$db_prefix}settings VALUES ('gallery_set_showcode_htmllink', '0')", __FILE__, __LINE__);

I had a look at my own database and can't actually see where those settings are to be inserted, so thought I might ask before I get in there and make a total hash of it.  ???

Offline SMFHacks

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: November 30, 2007, 07:32:17 am »
Those are new settings they go in the smf_settings
Get your Forum Ranked! at https://www.forumrankings.net - find out how your forum compares with others!

Like What I do? Support me at https://www.patreon.com/vbgamer45/

Offline vixen220

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: November 30, 2007, 02:06:47 pm »
I dont know how you program writers do it, this has been driving me nuts all day, you have my sincere admiration.

I added the db fields, even checked they matched the fields in my own database, but still it would not work, kept telling me that there was an error in the ID-CAT everytime I tried to add a new gallery category. after checking and duble checking, I couldnt find any errors, the whole thing was identical to my own, fully finctional version.

So, I decide to start again, and installed new forum from scratch, and try and work out why the package manager wont work. Finally managed to work out the ftp location [oh joy, at last, some success], but when you install the gallery mod [or anyother for that matter, but this is the only one we actually want], it does the install tests successfully, but when you click install, I am getting this error message

Fatal error: require() [function.require]: Failed opening required '/mounted-storage/home28b/sub002/sc25329-OMMZ/trevrich.com/smftest/mounted-storage/home28b/sub002/sc25329-OMMZ/trevrich.com/smftest/Packages/temp/./galleryinstall.php' (include_path='.:/usr/local/lib/php/') in /mounted-storage/home28b/sub002/sc25329-OMMZ/trevrich.com/smftest/Sources/Packages.php on line 552

Now then, I did a bit of investigation of line552, and it seems that it wants to create a temp folder to unzip the gallery to while the installation goes ahead, which it then disposes of afterwards. So to help it along I created a temp folder in the packages folder for it.... except all it does is install the gallery there, so it tells you its installed, but is no where to be found through the forum.

So, am I right about the temp folder creation/deletion, and does that error message above indicate it doesn't know where or how [or both] to do it on this particular server?  Or is it saying something entirely different that I have missed?

Yours, in complete frustration

Vixen  :'(

ps, sorry to be such a pain, we jsut really want this mod working, then we can go for the Pro version.