Total Topics: 7523
Most Online Today: 241
Most Online Ever: 2482
(April 09, 2011, 07:02:45 pm)
Users Online
Members: 0
Guests: 224
Total: 224

Author Topic: Classifieds are shown with most recent posts  (Read 7660 times)

Offline jos

• View Profile
Classifieds are shown with most recent posts
« on: June 29, 2008, 08:14:27 am »
It's too bad this is not a feature already because it would make this mod perfect.

Unfortunately my users aren't liking this mod because items do not get the exposure they used to when they were posted in the regular forum as new items don't show up in the "show most recent posts since last visit" option which is heavily used on my site.

It seems that everyone forgets about the Classifieds since it's separate and items aren't selling or being viewed at all.  If this feature were added, I have no doubt this would be loved and the SMF Store and other mods would be something I would be interested in purchasing as well.
« Last Edit: June 29, 2008, 08:17:13 am by jos »

Offline SMFHacks

• Administrator
    • View Profile
Re: Classifieds are shown with most recent posts
« Reply #1 on: June 29, 2008, 08:21:27 am »
1.2 has a feature to auto post in a forum with a link to the classifieds item page. So when a new listing is created it creates a post in the forum of your choice.
Get your Forum Ranked! at https://www.forumrankings.net - find out how your forum compares with others!

Like What I do? Support me at https://www.patreon.com/vbgamer45/

Offline jos

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 29, 2008, 08:28:16 am »
Oh that's wonderful!!!  Sorry, I did not see that.

So I need to download 1.2 RC2?  Do I need to uninstall and reinstall?  Also, will I need to change anything in my already altered board index template to display this is Dilber MC theme?

Thank you!

Offline SMFHacks

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 29, 2008, 08:30:24 am »
I would wait till later tonight I hopefully have a 1.2 final release posted.
You will not have redo the index.template.php of your custom theme.
Get your Forum Ranked! at https://www.forumrankings.net - find out how your forum compares with others!

Offline rgsknr

• View Profile
    • Hunt Club Services
« Reply #4 on: June 29, 2008, 08:47:13 am »
1.2 has a feature to auto post in a forum with a link to the classifieds item page. So when a new listing is created it creates a post in the forum of your choice.

Let me make sure I understand this remark Hack.

If I create a board lets call it "Auction listings" and then in the classifieds category edit mode, I direct a category to this board.  All  new listings in this category will be posted in that Auction listings  board?

If this is the case will the auto posts to this board then show up in the forums most recent posts?

Also. won't the members be able to use notify me button on that specific board to let them know of any new listings that have been auto posted.Thus reminding them of the classifieds feature?

Am I correct in my interpretation of this reply Hack?
If not please set me straight cause this would definitely make this mod perfect.

Not that it isn't perfect already with a notify me feature that you have added to each classifieds category already. but this sure does sweeten things if the auto forum post described above, does show the most recent listings in the most recent posts.

Offline SMFHacks

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: June 29, 2008, 09:04:41 am »
Yes it should do all those things since it creates an entry in the forum as well.

Offline rgsknr

• View Profile
    • Hunt Club Services
« Reply #6 on: June 29, 2008, 09:23:35 am »
Yes it should do all those things since it creates an entry in the forum as well.

sweeeet

;D ;D  ;D

Offline rgsknr

• View Profile
    • Hunt Club Services
« Reply #7 on: June 29, 2008, 12:50:52 pm »
One  more question I just Thought of posted below.
« Last Edit: June 29, 2008, 02:07:10 pm by rgsknr »

Offline rgsknr

• View Profile
    • Hunt Club Services
« Reply #8 on: June 29, 2008, 02:06:41 pm »
Hack,

Can you make it so if we clear bids, reset a ending time and restart a listing, or if we edit listings, ad extra photos to listings, etc... can these changes be posted in the board that we have it directed to also?

I just tested this and when I cleared the bids on one of my auctions then set a new end date it did not show up in the board that I have it directed to.

My question is, I know some of us may not want edited or restarted listings posted again in the board it is directed to.

However, I am betting that quite a few of us would want listings posted again if they have been edited or reset with a new end date.

You could always have a window pop up asking, "you have made a update to this listing do you wish this auction or listing to be posted in the board again" so members will be notified", This will give our members a way to know that not only is there a new listing posted in the board but that an old one has been updated either by editing it, adding a new picture, or a it has been extended. And then they can click on the updated post, then click the link to the actual auction or listing within that auto post to view the changes that were made to the actual listing.

Another example of this would be, if one of my listings has has been expired due to that it was leased for a period of time and it has been cleared and restarted.

Either of these changes to a listing could have a widow pop up asking if we would like the listing to be posted again in the board. If someone doesn't then all they need to do is click no don't post again.

Is this possible?

« Last Edit: June 29, 2008, 02:13:45 pm by rgsknr »

Offline shawnx

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: June 30, 2008, 11:00:20 pm »
Hack,

Can you make it so if we clear bids, reset a ending time and restart a listing, or if we edit listings, ad extra photos to listings, etc... can these changes be posted in the board that we have it directed to also?

I just tested this and when I cleared the bids on one of my auctions then set a new end date it did not show up in the board that I have it directed to.

My question is, I know some of us may not want edited or restarted listings posted again in the board it is directed to.

However, I am betting that quite a few of us would want listings posted again if they have been edited or reset with a new end date.

You could always have a window pop up asking, "you have made a update to this listing do you wish this auction or listing to be posted in the board again" so members will be notified", This will give our members a way to know that not only is there a new listing posted in the board but that an old one has been updated either by editing it, adding a new picture, or a it has been extended. And then they can click on the updated post, then click the link to the actual auction or listing within that auto post to view the changes that were made to the actual listing.

Another example of this would be, if one of my listings has has been expired due to that it was leased for a period of time and it has been cleared and restarted.

Either of these changes to a listing could have a widow pop up asking if we would like the listing to be posted again in the board. If someone doesn't then all they need to do is click no don't post again.

Is this possible?

What do ya think hack, Is this possible, I have seen some amazing things from you on this mod what do ya say?