Total Topics: 7518
Most Online Today: 201
Most Online Ever: 2482
(April 09, 2011, 07:02:45 pm)
Users Online
Members: 0
Guests: 189
Total: 189

Author Topic: Some requests/suggestions  (Read 10320 times)

Offline Alistair

• Downloads Pro Customer
    • View Profile
Some requests/suggestions
« on: May 18, 2008, 04:15:07 pm »
Here are some requests / suggestions I have for Gallery Pro:

1)  A "Moderate Gallery" permission? There is currently an "Admin Gallery" permission that allows the group to administrate the gallery. I suggest that the Moderate Gallery would be like a gallery global mod type thing. Moderate Gallery will allow the group to edit/delete/modify pictures/comments/etc etc; basically just like Global Moderators would do on the actual forum whereas Admin Gallery will allow all of that but also the ability to access the Gallery Configuration section in the admin cp.

2)  If someone is viewing or doing something inside the gallery, it will say in the online list "In the Gallery". I think it would be a lot better if it said what the person was doing in the gallery. For example: if you view a post it will say on the online list what post you are viewing and it will be a link to that particular post. If you are making a new topic it will say you are making a new topic in whichever board etc. Maybe it could work the same with the gallery. If you are viewing an image the online list will say that and tell you which image; if you are viewing a catagory in the gallery it will tell you which catagory it is like it would do when viewing a board; etc etc.

3)  In the permissions for the video addon there is the option "Add Video". I think there should be two options there. One being "Add Video by upload" and "Add video by link". On my forum I have regular members, global mods and a sub-admin group. I would like regular members and global mods to only add videos by using youtube links etc; but as there is only the "Add Video" permission I must let them use any method. This would be a great thing to add for the addon (imo anyway).

4)  Leave a break between comments on images/videos and the options to edit/delete/report etc. The message and the message options are too close to each other; I think there should be a space inbetween. I also think having general post stats under the users name would be good. Like if you have the online/offline option enabled it will show in gallery messages. Same with custom titles and personal text etc. Basically make the gallery comments system more like a normal post system. Even the option to preview comments before submitting them if possible.

Thanks all, lemme know what you think. Thanks!
« Last Edit: May 18, 2008, 04:37:36 pm by Alistair »

Offline Alistair

• Downloads Pro Customer
    • View Profile
Re: Some requests/suggestions
« Reply #1 on: May 20, 2008, 11:16:00 am »
What about being able to sticky pictures/videos in the gallery? Just like posts in the forum itself it will show all stickied pictures at the top of the first page in the gallery. That would be great!

Offline SMFHacks

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 20, 2008, 11:29:53 am »
Great ideas keep them coming I will see which ones I can add for the next major release.
Get your Forum Ranked! at https://www.forumrankings.net - find out how your forum compares with others!

Like What I do? Support me at https://www.patreon.com/vbgamer45/

Offline lemontwist

• View Profile
    • Talk Faux
« Reply #3 on: June 28, 2008, 01:40:57 pm »
Any plans for having a free and paid gallery membership option?  I would love to be able to charge the frequent gallery posters easily.

Offline SMFHacks

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 28, 2008, 02:34:27 pm »
Any plans for having a free and paid gallery membership option?  I would love to be able to charge the frequent gallery posters easily.
Possible but if I were to add that feature for paid gallery or paid gallery upgrades. I would need to increase the price of the gallery itself as well.
Get your Forum Ranked! at https://www.forumrankings.net - find out how your forum compares with others!

Offline Alistair

• Downloads Pro Customer
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: July 05, 2008, 05:04:50 am »
Here was a PM that I sent to SMFHacks, I was told to post it in here:

Hey, I was hoping that you could release a small updated version of Gallery Pro before the next big release. Basically what it is is that if you set the permission for someone to Admin Gallery then they can do just that but the option doesn't appear for them in the Configuration menu as it does for lead admins. I would really like this fixed as my admins don't even know they can admin the gallery because the option doesn't show for them in the admin cp. This is all that is essentially important to me however let me know what you think of these:

Yes there is the Admin Gallery option. But what about having a Moderate Gallery permission. Basically it is like the Moderate Board permisson but to moderate the gallery. I would like my global moderators to be able to moderate the gallery and delete pics, comments, etc but not to edit anything of the admin settings. This would be very very useful so my global mods can moderate the gallery but my sub-admins can administrate it.

This is a lot less important to me but would also be quite useful: There is an Add Video permission for the video add-on. If you do release this small step-stone version of the gallery then if you could release a updated version of the video add-on to make that one permission into 2:  Add Video (upload),  Add Video (youtube, etc). I want my members to be able to add videos but I don't want them to add them by uploading them. Whereas I would like global-mods to have both options. If that Add Video permission could become 2 permissions like I suggested then this would be great and I am sure very useful for many other people also!

They are my suggestions for a small updated version of both Gallery Pro and Video Add-on. I really hope that this is feasable and gets accepted! Let me know what you think, thanks!  Martin Beck

They are all very important to me, and I am sure that other people would find them equally as useful. The most essential one to me is showing the Gallery Pro Configuration in the Configuration in the admin section for those that have Admin Gallery permission selected. Anyway, hope you like and agree with the ideas, thanks!

Offline SMFHacks

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: September 10, 2008, 07:34:45 pm »
#4 Added to SMF Gallery 1.4

Offline Alistair

• Downloads Pro Customer
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: September 13, 2008, 04:55:02 am »
What do you think about #1? A Moderate Gallery permission would be fantastic, well, for all the reasons I said really - allowing Global Moderators to moderate the gallery but not access the admin part of it. Just like there is a Moderate Forum permission.

I've also come to the conclusion that #2 isn't important in the slightest and #3 is for the video add-on only so can't be added for gallery pro 1.4.

Many thanks!