Total Topics: 7518
Most Online Today: 202
Most Online Ever: 2482
(April 09, 2011, 07:02:45 pm)
Users Online
Members: 0
Guests: 168
Total: 168

Author Topic: admin manage listing feature  (Read 7499 times)

Offline rgsknr

• View Profile
    • Hunt Club Services
admin manage listing feature
« on: June 09, 2008, 03:11:58 pm »
Can you add a text box to the admin change listing status switch that will allow those of us with special needs to set custom status levels.

As of now you can set the status to open closed or completed.

I would love to have a choice to type in custom text as well as set a custom text color for a listing status such as:

open
closed
completed
pending
leased
sold

Please
 ;D ;D

« Last Edit: June 09, 2008, 03:43:42 pm by rgsknr »

Offline rgsknr

• View Profile
    • Hunt Club Services
Re: admin manage listing feature
« Reply #1 on: June 11, 2008, 02:33:52 pm »
Can you add a text box to the admin change listing status switch that will allow those of us with special needs to set custom status levels.

I would love to have a choice to type in custom text as well as set a custom text color for a listing status such as:

open
closed
completed
pending
leased
sold

Please
 ;D ;D

What do you think Hack. Is this possible?

Offline rgsknr

• View Profile
    • Hunt Club Services
« Reply #2 on: June 15, 2008, 02:56:41 pm »

open
closed
completed
pending
leased
sold

Please
 ;D ;D

Haven't heard any feedback on this subject from you, what do you think Hack. Is this possible?

Offline SMFHacks

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 15, 2008, 03:16:45 pm »
Not without a lot of work since we store the statuscode for each status and not the text.
Get your Forum Ranked! at https://www.forumrankings.net - find out how your forum compares with others!

Like What I do? Support me at https://www.patreon.com/vbgamer45/

Offline rgsknr

• View Profile
    • Hunt Club Services
« Reply #4 on: June 15, 2008, 03:59:29 pm »
 I'll think on this and reply later

Thanks
« Last Edit: June 15, 2008, 10:33:00 pm by rgsknr »

Offline rgsknr

• View Profile
    • Hunt Club Services
« Reply #5 on: June 15, 2008, 10:33:44 pm »
Since the auction is over anyway the only thing I would need different would be the text displayed and the color of the text if possible.

What I mean is if you could give admins a choice on the admin listing management page and provided a radio button next to the current drop down box you have on this page already,  with the text "open, closed or complete".

And also add text box with a radio button next to it, this would allow us to add our own text. then code the text in this selection default preset to be displayed in bold maroon and status of closed.

If the radio button next to the text box I am asking for is selected during the manage listing status function. We would then have 2 choices of which status to switch to when we manage the listing. Either a drop down choice or a second choice of custom text that is coded to remain as the status of closed until we switch it back to open in the original dropdown list you already  have in place at the moment.

You could set up the function of code for the text box no matter what text is typed in to be the status of closed.

If I was able to type in leased, pending, sold, this text could all be considered coded  as closed or complete in the code function like the closed or complete text in the dropdown box, till I clear the bids and reset the listing to open.

Again this process only takes effect after the auction is complete and automatically set to closed when the listing times out. We will only need to show the custom text status manually from the manage listing feature after the auction has already closed.

Would that be very difficult?

Offline rgsknr

• View Profile
    • Hunt Club Services
« Reply #6 on: June 16, 2008, 11:29:31 pm »
Did you understand what I was trying to explain earlier? 

With having two radio buttons for the status of our listings, we would then have custom  or default choices for the listing status. This would allow us to switch the status by using radio buttons, but only after the listing has timed out and has already closed.

The custom text box radio button can be coded to keep the listing closed but show the text that was typed into the text box, hopefully this custom text can be hard coded to be displayed in a dark red or maroon color, if the text box radio button is selected on the admin manage listing page. 

Would like for this custom text to be shown in all the listing status display views. Again the true status would remain closed if the text box radio button is selected.

However, If the drop down box radio button is selected,and then we select the the "open" choice in the drop down list. We could then open the listing for new bids

My competition uses this custom text feature to show auctions as pending or leased, to show their clients what the auction status is in a quick easy to understand display

I am willing to pay for this mod if it is something that you would be interested in helping me with?