Total Topics: 7518
Most Online Today: 201
Most Online Ever: 2482
(April 09, 2011, 07:02:45 pm)
Users Online
Members: 0
Guests: 207
Total: 207

Author Topic: admin PM notifications  (Read 8012 times)

Offline rgsknr

• View Profile
    • Hunt Club Services
admin PM notifications
« on: June 14, 2008, 08:45:28 am »
Can you ad a way to let the admin choose whether to receive Pm's if a new listing or auction is posted in the classifieds?even if the listing does not require approval. I would like to stay up to date on new listings when they are posted via a PM alert.

Also, Is it possible to give admins the choice to be notified when all auctions or listings are about to end, so we can ask the owner of the listing if they want to extend the listing.

as of now I plan to extend their listings for free if they paid to list them but got no bids.

I know we have a way for them to select upgrades and extentions, but would like the notice option to be able to keep up on expired listings in my classifieds section.

Thanks

Offline rgsknr

• View Profile
    • Hunt Club Services
Re: admin PM notifications
« Reply #1 on: June 25, 2008, 09:22:00 pm »
Hack,

You have done a great job adding the new features.

I couldn't be more happy with this product. Thanks for all your hard work and a awesome mod.

;D ;D ;D

The only other things that I can think of at the moment that would help is a  send a listing to a friend button  and a PM letting the admin know the auction or listing has ended so we can keep up with the completed listings .

If you have already added these option I opologize. If you have, tell me where to look for these options. If you haven't added them yet,  re you planning to anytime soon.

Just curious.

I am one happy customer. Thanks again.

Offline SMFHacks

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 25, 2008, 09:57:31 pm »
Admin PM's thought about it was wondering about the admin interface for the classifieds whether to have it go by a list account names as a setting in the classifieds to send the pm's to.
New listings would be easy to do. Completed listings would be ok too but what about listings that expired.

Send to a friend. Is that just a form that they fill out that includes the listing information and maybe a note to the friend and sends the friend an email?
Get your Forum Ranked! at https://www.forumrankings.net - find out how your forum compares with others!

Like What I do? Support me at https://www.patreon.com/vbgamer45/

Offline rgsknr

• View Profile
    • Hunt Club Services
« Reply #3 on: June 26, 2008, 05:57:00 am »
admins and listing owners should be notified when listing expires ( times out to o)
« Last Edit: July 01, 2008, 11:21:22 am by rgsknr »

Offline rgsknr

• View Profile
    • Hunt Club Services
« Reply #4 on: June 26, 2008, 10:09:06 pm »
Did I answer your questions regarding this matter?

Just curious

Offline rgsknr

• View Profile
    • Hunt Club Services
« Reply #5 on: July 01, 2008, 11:24:48 am »
Admin PM's thought about it was wondering about the admin interface for the classifieds whether to have it go by a list account names as a setting in the classifieds to send the pm's to.
New listings would be easy to do. Completed listings would be ok too but what about listings that expired.

Send to a friend. Is that just a form that they fill out that includes the listing information and maybe a note to the friend and sends the friend an email?

1: Giving the admin a option to recieve PM's  for new listings as well as completed listings would be great too. I did not think about this.  ;D

Not sure what you are asking on the "but what about listings that expired." remark.

Are you not sure how to send o PM when a listing expires, or are you asking what I mean by expires.

If this is the case, what  I mean by expired is when the listing count down is 0d 0h 0m 0s then send a note to the admin and or the owner of the listing to notify them the count down is over so we know it needs to be either deleted or extended.

I would like to the owner of the listing to be notified as well as the admin in order that the owner can be reminded that they have a expired listing and the admin can make sure there are not a bunch of expired listings on the site that have been abandoned or  forgotten.

2: Yes, that is exactly what I mean about sending a listing to a friend. You know like we do when we want to send a topic on the forum.

Done  ;) ;D

I noticed that I did not get a PM when some of the listings expired on my classifieds.

Is this  feature not added to the mod yet?  If not are you planning to ad it soon?
« Last Edit: July 01, 2008, 06:32:33 pm by rgsknr »

Offline SMFHacks

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: July 04, 2008, 06:52:26 pm »
Not currently in the mod still in the process of thinking about how it would be done.
Get your Forum Ranked! at https://www.forumrankings.net - find out how your forum compares with others!

Like What I do? Support me at https://www.patreon.com/vbgamer45/

Offline rgsknr

• View Profile
    • Hunt Club Services
« Reply #7 on: July 06, 2008, 05:59:38 pm »
Not currently in the mod still in the process of thinking about how it would be done.

OK,

When you do figure this out, Please post it here so I don't have to bug you about it later. 

Thanks