Total Topics: 7518
Most Online Today: 201
Most Online Ever: 2482
(April 09, 2011, 07:02:45 pm)
Users Online
Members: 0
Guests: 180
Total: 180

Author Topic: Subscription Based and other questions  (Read 7968 times)

Offline brel

• View Profile
Subscription Based and other questions
« on: December 24, 2008, 10:40:35 pm »
Hi! I am interested in acquiring SMF Classifieds to be integrated to my live website using SMF 1.1.2 and other add-ons.  I have the ff. questions to help me decide whether to buy the software:

- SUPPORTS SMF VERSION 1.1.2
Does SMF Classifieds support SMF version 1.1.2?  I also have other add-ons integrated w/ my SMF site so I might not be able to easily install your software using it's setup facility.  Do you have instructions to do a manual install?

- SUBSCRIPTION BASED
Is it possible to offer Subscription Based fee instead of per listing fee?  This means site members can post unlimited number of items if they pay for a set period of time (e.g. per month, per six months, per year) that they can choose w/ corresponding fee.  Their listed items automatically are hidden when their subscription expires.  But they can pay again to extend their subscription expiration and their remaining un-expired items will again be continually listed for the remaining duration.

- SUBSCRIPTION PAYMENT
My website targets the domestic market right now so most payment I receive are directly deposited to a Bank Account that I specify to buyers.  Buyers manually go to the bank and do the deposit then they inform me that they have paid.  I can then check the bank for confirmation.  My question is, aside from Paypal payment option does your software SMF Classifieds can also offer this manual payment option?

- RESERVE PRICE
For auction listings, do you have a Reserve Price field per item as well?  This is different from Minimum Price and Buy Now Price as the value for this field is hidden and only when a buyer bids equal or higher value are they committed to purchase the said item.

- COPYRIGHT LINK
When I purchase the software, can I remove the Copyright Link/Info?

Thanks for your time and hope to hear from you soon. Merry Christmas!  :)
« Last Edit: December 25, 2008, 09:45:20 am by brel »

Offline SMFHacks

• Administrator
    • View Profile
Re: Subscription Based and other questions
« Reply #1 on: December 29, 2008, 08:14:42 pm »
1. SMF Classifieds supports both SMF 1.1.x and the latest version of SMF 2.0
To generate the manual install instuctions you can upload the modification to a package parser site such as
http://sleepycode.com/PackageParser/index.php
These sites will generate the manually instructions that you can use to install the modification manually.

2. Currently does not support subscriptions. For listing categories that required paid listings we use PayPal buy it now links to order one time credits for a category.

3. Currently we only use PayPal to process transactions we are looking into our merchant providers and or payment methods for future releases.

4. We have reserve price built into the Classifieds systems for auctions.

5. Copyright link removal is an extra one time fee of $50 to remove it from the website that it is installed on.
Get your Forum Ranked! at https://www.forumrankings.net - find out how your forum compares with others!

Like What I do? Support me at https://www.patreon.com/vbgamer45/

Offline brel

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 30, 2008, 09:03:20 am »
Can I give more than one credits when users pay in Paypal to allow them to post more records rather than just once per payment?

SMF Classifieds seems to be an ideal solution for me except the payment-per-post part.  I really need the subscription-based feature.  Anyhow, I'll check around first if I can still find a software that will fit my requirements.  Thanks!
« Last Edit: December 30, 2008, 09:07:49 am by brel »

Offline SMFHacks

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 30, 2008, 07:34:02 pm »
Not currently but would be a good feature request. I could see possibly doing credit packages in the future release of the modification. Currently each credit purchased is tied to a specific category since the prices could be different in each category for a listing.
Get your Forum Ranked! at https://www.forumrankings.net - find out how your forum compares with others!

Like What I do? Support me at https://www.patreon.com/vbgamer45/

Offline brel

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: December 31, 2008, 06:16:46 am »
It would be great to have the option of being able to create Credit Packages for users to purchase or maybe just allow admins to set certain number of Credits per purchase.  This would be a good substitute to the subscription-based feature.

Another question: can users renew their posted records or are there expiration per ads posted?