Total Topics: 7523
Most Online Today: 124
Most Online Ever: 2482
(April 09, 2011, 07:02:45 pm)
Users Online
Members: 0
Guests: 105
Total: 105

Author Topic: Question before I buy  (Read 9506 times)

Offline Rez

• View Profile
Question before I buy
« on: January 06, 2009, 08:06:36 pm »
1) Will I be able to set permissions in such a way that only a certain a  membergroup can list within the classifieds?  I have a 3 groups ... members , artists and vendors ... I only want the artists to be able to use the classifieds. Can this be set in the admin?

1a) Can the guest permissions be set so they can see the classified but must register to bid/buy?

2) If I buy this now, currently on 1.1.7 .... when the time comes that 2.0 is out of beta and say that's 6 months from now, will I be able to download the new version or is the version out now ready for the new release or update to SMF?

3) Is the cost for one year from date of download and includes new release's / patches? Do you see the price going up when that year is up?

4) Does the category tree works such as:

Main1
1a
2a
3a

Main2
2a
2b
2c

or is it in another format? If so might you explain it to me. I have about 5 main categories with around 5 to 6 sub-categories within the main.

Thanks much in advance for the reply hacks. Looks like some great software and I can't wait to replace Noah's Classified! 8)

C

Offline SMFHacks

• Administrator
    • View Profile
Re: Question before I buy
« Reply #1 on: January 06, 2009, 08:16:07 pm »
1. Yes we have permissions for "View Classifieds,Bid on Listing,Add Listing,Add Comments,Edit own Comment,Auto Approve Comments,Admin Classifieds"

1a. Guests have to register in order to bid on listings. Otherwise no way for the seller to know who they are dealing with

2. Yes we already have a release for SMF 2.0 beta 4 as long as your license is active you can download new updates.

3. One year of updates includes patches, new version updates, basically any changes to the classifieds. After one year you can pay a small renewal fee to stay current.

4. System support unlimited categories and sub categories.
So you can
category -> sub category
category -> sub category -> sub sub category
Or even
category -> sub category -> sub sub category -> sub sub sub category
Get your Forum Ranked! at https://www.forumrankings.net - find out how your forum compares with others!

Like What I do? Support me at https://www.patreon.com/vbgamer45/

Offline Rez

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 06, 2009, 08:22:56 pm »
Thank you very much hacks. I'm going to buy as soon as I receive some money via paypal I'm owed. Might I also ask why this mod is not on the SMF site under modifications? I'm guessing it's because there is a cost associated with it? I've been looking / watching the mod forum over there for a year and have struggled with Noah's since. I did see where a SMF Classified was released but it didn't get much support so I didn't DL. Thanks again for the unreal fast reply. 8) Shows you really do care about the support of your mod. I'll be sure to spread the word as I have about 12 friends that use SMF for gaming 8) I also want to make sure that the fsockopen is on or open or whatever it does on the server I rent from.

C

Offline SMFHacks

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 06, 2009, 08:26:04 pm »
Yeah they do not allowed paids on that site wished they did!
If you have your own dedicated server fsockopen should be fine. It is sometimes restricted on shared hosting.

Get your Forum Ranked! at https://www.forumrankings.net - find out how your forum compares with others!

Offline Rez

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 22, 2009, 06:37:37 am »
Hey Hacks ... I'm ready to buy the software ... might there be a working example I can go check out? I'm also curious to know ... I'm about to do the portal software ... how can I set it up so a random auction shows? I'm trying to get it in a block like the gallery does. Thanks much

ReZ

Offline SMFHacks

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: January 22, 2009, 07:35:06 am »
I have a demo forum setup at
http://www.smfhacks.com/storedemo/index.php?www
Which shows the Classifieds, Gallery, and Store

For ezPortal I have a recent classifieds listing ezBlock but no random block yet for the classifieds

Offline Rez

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: January 22, 2009, 07:51:46 am »
TY hacks ... I've seen that one ... I was curious to know if there are some up and running that I could go and see ... I want to see a really populated one ... I'm not doubting the software but I am worried about spending the cash to get something that isn't going to work for me or is to complicated for me to control. I have about 30 people sitting on edge for me to get this up and working ... I do not want to disappoint them when I know I can build a web page and hand out user names using some generic software ... the forum is really doing awesome and being able to implement something into whats already doing great is a big desire ... I just don't want to muck it up 8)  Thanks for the fast replies Hack.

ReZ

Offline Riley

• Bad Emails DO NOT EMAIL
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: January 22, 2009, 11:27:24 am »

Offline fmofmpls

• SMF Gallery Pro Customer
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: January 24, 2009, 08:59:09 am »