Members: 0
Guests: 193
Total: 193

Author Topic: 2.5  (Read 5018 times)

Offline neilwheel

• View Profile
    • frameforum
« on: July 23, 2009, 03:13:12 am »
I've just installed 2.5. Nice,easy installation.

However, there is something that needs adrressing ASAP. With the new version, if you go to 'Member Galleries' you get a list of ALL members. Not all members will have or want to build a gallery, so why are they listed? I've got 4000 members - six of them have galleries! So, with the new version, the gallery is displaying 3994 members without galleries, and in there somewhere is the 6 with galleries! Not good.

It needs something along the lines of " IF image count = 0, do not display member name".

Please fix now!
« Last Edit: July 23, 2009, 03:42:13 am by neilwheel »

Offline SMFHacks

• Administrator
    • View Profile
Re: 2.5
« Reply #1 on: July 23, 2009, 07:50:45 am »
Added that feature since some people wanted all members to be listed on the user galleries page.  The default sort order on that page is by total number of images in a gallery descending so it should show people with image galleries first.
Get your Forum Ranked! at https://www.forumrankings.net - find out how your forum compares with others!

Like What I do? Support me at https://www.patreon.com/vbgamer45/

Offline neilwheel

• View Profile
    • frameforum
« Reply #2 on: July 23, 2009, 10:42:12 am »
Is there any way of disabling it, or is there a fix I can do to push it back to the previous display setting?
I've set Guest permissions allowing them to see the gallery, but not to view the member lists for security reasons. With the new version, anyone can access the member list via the gallery.

It might be a useful feature for boards with a dozen members where they've all started up galleries, but for my kind of thing, its a real turn-off.
I really wouldn't want to have to ditch the gallery because of this feature. It's been a worthy addition  to my site up until now and I'd hate to have to shut it down.

Offline Matth41

• Bad Emails DO NOT EMAIL
    • View Profile
    • Furcadia Art Zone
« Reply #3 on: July 23, 2009, 05:06:21 pm »
I would kind of like it to just show an alphabetical list of members with images uploaded.

Offline SMFHacks

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 23, 2009, 08:19:10 pm »
Is there any way of disabling it, or is there a fix I can do to push it back to the previous display setting?
I've set Guest permissions allowing them to see the gallery, but not to view the member lists for security reasons. With the new version, anyone can access the member list via the gallery.

It might be a useful feature for boards with a dozen members where they've all started up galleries, but for my kind of thing, its a real turn-off.
I really wouldn't want to have to ditch the gallery because of this feature. It's been a worthy addition  to my site up until now and I'd hate to have to shut it down.
Added feature to 2.5.1 of the gallery to not show galleries for members that do not pictures in their user gallery
Get your Forum Ranked! at https://www.forumrankings.net - find out how your forum compares with others!

Like What I do? Support me at https://www.patreon.com/vbgamer45/

Offline neilwheel

• View Profile
    • frameforum
« Reply #5 on: July 24, 2009, 03:38:44 am »

Added feature to 2.5.1 of the gallery to not show galleries for members that do not pictures in their user gallery

Downloaded, installed and working smoothly.

I'm getting a bit of an error with the user galleries;  'Admin' is listed and showing an image count of 20, but this gallery does not exist.
I've uploaded hundreds of images as Admin, but none to a personal user gallery. I tried checking the 'Private Gallery' box in the settings , but it's still visible to all in the User Gallery List. 
The total number of user images given reflects the actual total for the member galleries, but if you include the 'phantom images' in the Admin gallery, the total is wrong.

+- Recent Topics

No thumbnails on new uploads by SMFHacks
March 27, 2024, 02:10:41 pm

Display the Contact Page for guests by SMFHacks
March 27, 2024, 10:55:43 am

is it possible to add support for odysee.com by fvlog19
March 21, 2024, 08:47:51 am

Request for admin notification by davejo
March 10, 2024, 01:31:59 am

I need help with torrent upload by Ineedsmfhelp
March 09, 2024, 10:01:13 pm

an idea for new mod (( content type with different display )) by SMFHacks