Total Topics: 7518
Most Online Today: 201
Most Online Ever: 2482
(April 09, 2011, 07:02:45 pm)
Users Online
Members: 0
Guests: 200
Total: 200

Author Topic: More than one download file  (Read 12292 times)

Offline flutter

• View Profile
More than one download file
« on: July 30, 2009, 08:50:14 am »
I would like to be able to add more than one file for download, is this possible with pro?

Also, if I change to pro now after having installed the free version, will I have to reupload all my downloads again, or will it just integrate?

Nice system.  Glad to see there's a download button on the pro one, I don't like that my version doesn't have it

One more thing.  I'd like to be able to have an image in my sub categories.  Here's my site so you see what I mean www.prettysims.com.  I have different sub categories of things to download, I'd like a small thumbnail of each download within those categories.

Like here  http://prettysims.com/index.php?action=downloads;cat=11.  I'd like it to be an image instead of her name.  Is this possible?  Sorry, you won't be able to see that as guests can't see downloads.  I've attached a screenshot

« Last Edit: July 30, 2009, 08:57:44 am by flutter »

Offline Paddleducks Forum - Damien

• View Profile
Re: More than one download file
« Reply #1 on: July 30, 2009, 11:30:52 am »
I would like to be able to add more than one file for download, is this possible with pro?

You can archive files together using ZIP or RAR to have multiple files downloaded together, most of these archivers have a free extractor, so your users shouldn't have any problem with them.

Also, if I change to pro now after having installed the free version, will I have to reupload all my downloads again, or will it just integrate?

It will automatically upgrade your existing setup and still show all the files you have installed...

One more thing.  I'd like to be able to have an image in my sub categories.  Here's my site so you see what I mean www.prettysims.com.  I have different sub categories of things to download, I'd like a small thumbnail of each download within those categories.

Like here  http://prettysims.com/index.php?action=downloads;cat=11.  I'd like it to be an image instead of her name.  Is this possible?  Sorry, you won't be able to see that as guests can't see downloads.  I've attached a screenshot

Yes you can attach a small image for each file, and if you then turn off the "Show Title" option in the Category Display and Downloads Display settings, the user will only see the image, no filename...

Regards
Eddy

Offline flutter

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 30, 2009, 11:57:21 am »
No I mean seperate downloads.  I have one mod for instance on my site.  It's a speed limit mod for sims 3.  I have 8 different speed settings to it and at present if I want to enable people to choose just one of them, I have to add them all in one .rar.  I'd like to have them listed on the download page and they can click the one they want, all in one download but 8 seperate files.  I add to my mods regulkarly and it would also save me from deleting them all and making a whole new .rar for them, I could just add the next in the series.

Images

So is that different to the free version I'm using now, with being able to put images in sub categories.  Right now I know I can have a thumbnail in the large category, but then there are the sub categories, then it's the downloads.  It's the downloads I need the thumbnails on.

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 30, 2009, 12:34:59 pm »
No I mean seperate downloads.  I have one mod for instance on my site.  It's a speed limit mod for sims 3.  I have 8 different speed settings to it and at present if I want to enable people to choose just one of them, I have to add them all in one .rar.  I'd like to have them listed on the download page and they can click the one they want, all in one download but 8 seperate files.  I add to my mods regulkarly and it would also save me from deleting them all and making a whole new .rar for them, I could just add the next in the series.

No you can't add multiple files to a download as you want - Maybe you can suggest it as a feature? But I don't know if many people would need it, so I can't really see it being a priority for SMFHacks?

Images

So is that different to the free version I'm using now, with being able to put images in sub categories.  Right now I know I can have a thumbnail in the large category, but then there are the sub categories, then it's the downloads.  It's the downloads I need the thumbnails on.

I've never used the free version, but you can certainly do what you want with the images in the Pro version... I have lots of sub-categories with thumbnails attached, and they also display on the Downloads page.

Regards
Eddy

Offline flutter

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 30, 2009, 01:03:59 pm »
Ok, I bought it.  Now I just have to install it, lol.  The free one was hard to install, so here goes.

Just one problem.  It is installed, yet I can't find where to do this

Yes you can attach a small image for each file, and if you then turn off the "Show Title" option in the Category Display and Downloads Display settings, the user will only see the image, no filename...

where are the category display settings and the download display settings.  I tried in normal settings and I dont seem to have an option about thumbnails at all
« Last Edit: July 30, 2009, 01:14:01 pm by flutter »

Offline flutter

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: July 30, 2009, 02:23:24 pm »
I found them, so I have that done.  The only problems I have now are that I can only add one .rar and now I'm finding I can only add one image, meaning my images have to be hosted on imageshack.  Are there any plans for allowing more images onto the post?  I'm finding this a bit restrictive.

Thing is, I can upload more images in my normal forum than I can with this
« Last Edit: July 30, 2009, 02:31:07 pm by flutter »

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: July 30, 2009, 02:38:26 pm »
Go to the Downloads page and click on "Edit Download" - You add multiple images to a file....

Regards
Eddy

Offline flutter

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: July 30, 2009, 04:07:15 pm »
No, I don't get the option to do that.  What I get is add file, I add one, then have to say edit, it takes me back to downloads, I have to open mine again  and add another image, with up to 6 images per download this is pretty guresome work and it will put others off using my site.

Tell me where there is an option on the download to upload more than one file

The other thing is, I can't access the support forum for people who have bought this product and I have paid.  How do I get into the support forum to ask questions and get support.  It says I'm not allowed to access that board
« Last Edit: July 30, 2009, 05:54:01 pm by flutter »

Offline flutter

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: August 03, 2009, 04:00:18 pm »
Go to the Downloads page and click on "Edit Download" - You add multiple images to a file....

Regards
Eddy

I really wish you hadn't advised me.  The things you told me are wrong and I bought that system.  Not too pleased at all.  Perhaps it would be wise to just let the person who wrote the program do the answers in the future.

You cannot add more than one image to a file.  Also all you get is one small thumbnail, no large images within the download at all.  I'm having to host images on imageshack, kind of defeats the purpose of having this mod at all.

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: August 03, 2009, 04:29:18 pm »

Regards
Eddy

I really wish you hadn't advised me.  The things you told me are wrong and I bought that system.  Not too pleased at all.  Perhaps it would be wise to just let the person who wrote the program do the answers in the future.

You cannot add more than one image to a file.  Also all you get is one small thumbnail, no large images within the download at all.  I'm having to host images on imageshack, kind of defeats the purpose of having this mod at all.

Please yourself, I was only trying to help no more.... And YES you can add more than one image, I have multiple files with 5 or more images associated with them, so if you cannot do that I would suggest it's your fault or you haven't configured things properly!

SMFHacks has already said he's prepared to look at all of your suggestions and probably implement them in a future version - What more could you ask for?

Offline flutter

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: August 04, 2009, 06:09:32 am »
Actually it was him who set up my system for me, so would it be his fault I can't have multiple images then?  Why don't you tell me how you do it?  I have no facility for multiple uploads of images, that is unless I use imageshack.  I also think you should read the after sales post where he says he will add that at some point in the future, so he doesn't seem to think it is there either. 

Of course if I go in and out editing the download multiple times I can have multiple thumbnails.

Please post a link to your site and let me see the mulitple images you have on your downloads, I would be extremely interested to see that and if it in't too much trouble, tell me how you did it.  I have mine set for six images but like I said it takes in and out of the download six times just to get thumbnails to show up, despite it being set to have images 400px x 400px.

If you have a facility that I don't then I would have to write to him again and ask why.

• View Profile
« Reply #11 on: August 04, 2009, 06:59:17 am »
First you say it isn't possible to add multiple images, and then you say....

Of course if I go in and out editing the download multiple times I can have multiple thumbnails.

So there you go, even you now admit you CAN have multiple images - I never said it was the easiest interface to work with, as that wasn't the question!

Offline SMFHacks

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: August 04, 2009, 07:53:06 am »
Locking this for now. Multiple images are supported just currently at this time you need to edit the download to add additional images.
Get your Forum Ranked! at https://www.forumrankings.net - find out how your forum compares with others!

Like What I do? Support me at https://www.patreon.com/vbgamer45/