Total Topics: 7518
Most Online Today: 202
Most Online Ever: 2482
(April 09, 2011, 07:02:45 pm)
Users Online
Members: 0
Guests: 168
Total: 168

Author Topic: Extra Optional Custom Fields w/Alternate paypal address  (Read 8224 times)

Offline Scoobie

• View Profile
Extra Optional Custom Fields w/Alternate paypal address
« on: January 23, 2010, 12:46:32 pm »
Using store 1.3.6a on SMF 2.0 RC2

We are trying to sell polos (shirts) and using the Alternate Paypal address & Extra Optional Custom Fields for a Size indicator but when the transaction is sent to Paypal the field is not sent along with the quantity. Only the total amount is sent with a quantity of one.

On our site- certian elevated users can sell merchandise via our store, the alternate paypal addres is a fantastic option. Currenlty however I can find no way to allow any classification or elevation of users to see the 'settings' or products ie, admin area if they are not a full administrator, something we are not willing to give. is they a way to allow them in to see all the backend of the store and not the entire backend of the site?

Also- I know the cart system only works with the MAIN paypal account based on previous version support requests along this samve vein, is this something that can be revisited for the alternate paypal address products by keeping the cart specific to the product?

3 questions- thanks for you great software...

Offline SMFHacks

• Administrator
    • View Profile
Re: Extra Optional Custom Fields w/Alternate paypal address
« Reply #1 on: January 23, 2010, 10:11:23 pm »
1. That is how it currently works. Since this is the only way it would work with large amount of items in the cart, and supporting unlimited number of custom fields instead of just two that paypal supports. The issues that happen is you can't tell which items have what custom fields, and what qty belongs to what item if multiple items are purchased at one time when the order is sent to paypal. Also paypal limits the amount of information that can be sent to them and it is possible that part of the order can be cut off.

2. If it is SMF 2.0 attach your Admin.php I think I can do a quick edit to make that work. Basically involves moving the 

3. Currently if there is a custom paypal address set they just get a buy it now button and not taken to the cart.  Which is done to prevent multiple items being added to the cart that have different paypal addresses. This would not work when checking out since you can't split a purchase and say x amount goes to this account and y goes to another account using paypal.

I thinking about doing a mall/user selling addon for the store to allow members to sell their own products but that is not anytime soon.
Get your Forum Ranked! at https://www.forumrankings.net - find out how your forum compares with others!

Like What I do? Support me at https://www.patreon.com/vbgamer45/

Offline Scoobie

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 24, 2010, 03:30:37 pm »
Thanks for your quick responce as usual...

1) ok, I guess this was a change in previous versions where single products with an alternate paypal address w/custom fields did send the custom field information along with the quantity ordered via PayPal. Yes- the cart never worked in this type of transaction & I completly understand why- each tranaction must be completed with each product. As far as the quantity I think we can get the member to subtract the shipping & divide the total by the single price to get the quantity.. we can do.

2) Cool- that would be Great if there is a way for member groups to be able to access the setting of the store... They could then look up the transactions and see the actual orders...
Here is my admin.php, - - - Let me know what you do, I have purchased many of your scripts and this could be a change I might like to do on another in addition to duplicating in case of rebuild or reload.

3) Understand about the cart.. Cool..

The  mall/user selling addon sounds like just what we could use & something I would be intrested in funding with all rights to you... win win? Ahh, if you are anything like me you have too many irons in the fire & time is really the only issue. Pm me if intrested.

Offline SMFHacks

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 24, 2010, 04:34:11 pm »
2. Attached the fixed file they should give them access to the settings area.
Under permissions give them the "Manage Store" permission.

The mall/user selling system will know more about my schedule in next few weeks to decide if I will take that on now.
Get your Forum Ranked! at https://www.forumrankings.net - find out how your forum compares with others!

Offline Scoobie

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 24, 2010, 05:32:20 pm »
Yes, thank you...

That took care of the user group having access to the backend of the store...

I'm serious about the other only IF you have time. Family is more important and I know you have many things tugging but I AM willing.

PM ME!

Offline SMFHacks

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: January 24, 2010, 05:37:32 pm »
Will let you know if I do.