Total Topics: 7523
Most Online Today: 159
Most Online Ever: 2482
(April 09, 2011, 07:02:45 pm)
Users Online
Members: 0
Guests: 138
Total: 138

Author Topic: Looking for programmer to help with ClickBank hack for SMF  (Read 4194 times)

Offline joepro

• View Profile
Looking for programmer to help with ClickBank hack for SMF
« on: January 14, 2007, 06:01:37 pm »
Hi,

I own SearchClone.com, which is a ClickBank pop-up hack for normal sites.  It is very cool, and webmasters love what it can do for them.

I would like someone to help me make an SMF hack to use SearchClone.

Thanks,

JP

Offline jameselder232

• View Profile
Re: Looking for programmer to help with ClickBank hack for SMF
« Reply #1 on: January 16, 2007, 11:47:17 am »
Hmm i dunno i could have a go but am not promising anything. I have recently made a smf hack out of a php script i created which performs a function i feel will be very popular on a forum, The hack is like any other and installs straight into the smf forum easily and quickly and will be uploading it shrotly to the hacks site for others to use.

Do you basically want a hack which will create a menu tab on the smf forum which will lead viewers to the searchclone homepage? Can you explain in a little more detail?

I am very new to smf hack creating, but if you wish and i feel i can do it, i am willing to try for you.

james

Offline SBB

• View Profile
Re: Looking for programmer to help with ClickBank hack for SMF
« Reply #2 on: January 18, 2007, 12:25:58 am »
I believe the poster is looking for you to implement an exploit, which attempts to defeat any access restrictions that have been implemented by the user, which restrict access to their browser's API. The poster has indicated that they wish to use this exploit to annex the browser API and cause a pop-up window. More than likely, the intent is a precursor to an SMF-specific XSS bot in a windowless iframe. It doesn't matter, either way - both are the exact same violations of the exact same laws.

Be careful offering to code this; it is a probable violation of an "access control device" as mentioned in several DMCA sections re: computing assets/licensed intellectual property use, and a blatant violation of the bulk of the CFTA. UK law is even worse.  *Especially* since this exploit involves monetary gain, and the intent of this exploit is clear.

If a user has installed a "pop-up blocker", their intent is clear; and since they own their hardware, they have every right to dictate how it'll be used. No exceptions.  Likewise, no 2nd or 3rd party has *any* implicit right to dictate how this person's property shall be used; to suggest otherwise would mean that your nice new car can be "loaned out" to whoever the car dealer, or car manufacturer, wishes... regardless of your consent or intent. Clearly, this is ridiculous; YOU own the car, not the dealer and not the manufacturer, and you alone dictate how that car will be used. No exceptions.

Another entity who knowingly defeats a method intended to enforce a computer behavior... doesn't matter if it's a bank server tricked into spitting out credit card info, or a browser with an unwanted popup - the actions are the same, to knowingly cause a behavior / code execution / resource utilization that was explicitly forbidden. It adds up to about a dozen different felonies. Be very careful, and I'd suggest you research the various laws before you agree to do this. Also know that various states have similar laws, e.g. California and NY. You will be accountable to those laws any time a visitor from one of those states hits this exploit, as well. Not a good thing, IMO.