Total Topics: 7523
Most Online Today: 236
Most Online Ever: 2482
(April 09, 2011, 07:02:45 pm)
Users Online
Members: 1
Guests: 205
Total: 206

Author Topic: TinyPortal Support  (Read 33578 times)

Offline brianjw

• PeNgUiN!
    • View Profile
    • Gamerz Garage
TinyPortal Support
« on: January 21, 2007, 05:57:14 pm »
The mod TinyPortal has been removed because TP staff want the module to be downloadable only from there site. Since the mod has been removed, we are no longer responsable for any problems you have using the module, nor are we responsable for support.

Visit http://www.tinyportal.net or http://www.tinyportals.com for that support. I recommend you visit that website.

That being said this thread has been locked. ;)
« Last Edit: May 12, 2007, 12:07:34 pm by brianjw »

Offline RWL

• View Profile
    • RWL
Re: TinyPortal
« Reply #1 on: February 03, 2007, 02:45:53 pm »
Tried installing the latest version of TinyPortal but am getting an error in the package manager regarding my index.template.php file

Can someone post a guide to editing the index.template.php file so I can crack on with the installation? Have looked across at TinyPortal and there are guides for previous SMF versions but not for 1.1.1  :(

Alternatively there would be 1000 cool points awarded if someone would volunteer to edit it for me?  ;D (Not being cheeky, it's just that I know sometimes it's easier to do that than write a guide)

Best wishes,

Wilsy.

*Attached the file ...just in case someone's in a good mood!
« Last Edit: February 03, 2007, 02:54:19 pm by wilsy »
RewindLancs.com Management

Offline brianjw

• PeNgUiN!
    • View Profile
    • Gamerz Garage
« Reply #2 on: February 03, 2007, 03:19:12 pm »
Tried installing the latest version of TinyPortal but am getting an error in the package manager regarding my index.template.php file

Can someone post a guide to editing the index.template.php file so I can crack on with the installation? Have looked across at TinyPortal and there are guides for previous SMF versions but not for 1.1.1  :(

Alternatively there would be 1000 cool points awarded if someone would volunteer to edit it for me?  ;D (Not being cheeky, it's just that I know sometimes it's easier to do that than write a guide)

Best wishes,

Wilsy.

I am sorry :( I did not create TinyPortal nor am I an expert on how to fix this. If the problem continues to happen try asking another user that is an expert here on TinyPortal or visit the big big support forum for TinyPortal:

http://www.TINYPORTAL.net

Brianjw

Offline RWL

• View Profile
    • RWL
« Reply #3 on: February 04, 2007, 03:38:05 am »
Thanks Brian!

I have posted on TinyPortal but I always come here when I'm 'stuck' - SMFHacks rocks and the support for absolutely anything across here is awesome  :)

Regards and warmest wishes,

Wilsy.
« Last Edit: February 04, 2007, 03:45:32 am by wilsy »

Offline RWL

• View Profile
    • RWL
« Reply #4 on: February 04, 2007, 06:06:04 am »
Hi all,

Received this advice at TinyPortal.net and worked like a treat ;)

The mod instructions you can find here

http://www.tinyportal.net/index.php?topic=7884

They are old, but they are still the same, so hope you can edit the files so you have TP up and running

Regards,

Wilsy.

Offline verbam

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: February 05, 2007, 01:46:21 pm »

Best wishes,

Wilsy.

All your files, including "index.template.php", may not be modified, before you install TinyPortal.
If they are modified, replace it by the originals (first make a copy).
Run TinyPortal installer and itwill work !

Offline verbam

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: February 05, 2007, 01:47:44 pm »
mm double post ... sorry  :-\

Offline brianjw

• PeNgUiN!
    • View Profile
    • Gamerz Garage
« Reply #7 on: February 10, 2007, 04:12:36 pm »

Best wishes,

Wilsy.

All your files, including "index.template.php", may not be modified, before you install TinyPortal.
If they are modified, replace it by the originals (first make a copy).
Run TinyPortal installer and itwill work !
You must have TinyPortal compatible themes after you install TinyPortal.
The Themes: Default, Classic, and Babylon automically install TP so they're compatible automatically.
Any other themes you will have to install at TinyPortal.net. if there are themes you want that arent in the downloads check the Crip board on TinyPortal, if you still haven't found that theme... PM Crip on TinyPortal for a request of which theme and you must get author permission.

Brianjw

Offline brianjw

• PeNgUiN!
    • View Profile
    • Gamerz Garage
« Reply #8 on: March 19, 2007, 08:46:03 am »
TinyPortal v0.9.8 is released. Download here :)

Offline BJ05

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: March 19, 2007, 09:05:19 am »
Upgrading to TP0.98 was a disaster for me. I ended up having to manually install and handcode all the changed files.

Fortunately, in the new release, despite the instiruction being detailed and long, there is very little changed from V0.97, that needs to be changed.

This is the link to the instructions.   http://www.tinyportal.net/index.php?topic=14195

You will need to delete the package on your server that you downloaded from TP and download the TP0.98 manual install package.

Unzip the package and follow the instructions on the above thread.

A note. If you are using the find function in a program like PHP coder to find the lines as specified in the above thread, don't be surprised that you don't find them.

The best way is to do a "find" on the string that is suggested and if it comes back negative, the do a search on the string that you are supposed to insert or change. Usually, that will get you where you need to be. And of course if it is the latter, then nothing needs to be changed as the changes are the same as was in 0.97

Offline brianjw

• PeNgUiN!
    • View Profile
    • Gamerz Garage
« Reply #10 on: March 24, 2007, 05:17:09 pm »
Actually a tip I forgot to state is that people who already have this mod installed need to do the manual install. People who have never installed this mod before can do it safely  ;D

Also there is alot changed from version to version and theyre released because bugs, why do you think SMF releases new versions every 3 months or so? :P

Offline brianjw

• PeNgUiN!
    • View Profile
    • Gamerz Garage
« Reply #11 on: March 26, 2007, 12:16:27 pm »
This topic is now for support on tinyportal for this website. Visit TinyPortal Releases thread for the latest version discussed. ;)

Offline brianjw

• PeNgUiN!
    • View Profile
    • Gamerz Garage
Re: TinyPortal Support
« Reply #12 on: May 12, 2007, 12:06:23 pm »
The mod TinyPortal has been removed because TP staff want the module to be downloadable only from there site. Since the mod has been removed, we are no longer responsable for any problems you have using the module, nor are we responsable for support.

Visit http://www.tinyportal.net or http://www.tinyportals.com for that support. I recommend you visit that website.

That being said this thread has been locked. ;)