Total Topics: 7518
Most Online Today: 201
Most Online Ever: 2482
(April 09, 2011, 07:02:45 pm)
Users Online
Members: 0
Guests: 214
Total: 214

Author Topic: links in profile / pics in multiple categories / post counts / quotas by post gr  (Read 23690 times)

Offline olandir

• View Profile
These are the features I'd like to see in this gallery

There should be links in a member's profile. If it's your profile, there should be some links in the side bar to upload pictures and manage personal gallery (if they have one). For others viewing the member profile, there should be links on the page to show images that person has posted or show that person's gallery.

I'd like to see the ability to add one picture to multiple categories (might be easier said than done).

I'd really like the option to allow posting an image or a comment to raise that user's post count. This could be an option that could be turned on or off based on the admin's prefference. A bonus would be if you could set this per category.

I was looking at the quota manager.  First of all, I can't really tell if it's setting the quota for the entire group or for individual users in that group. Does the entire member group have a single quota or does every individual user in that group have a quota. I hope it's the latter but if not, that should change because it's more useful for each user to have a quota.  Also, the post groups aren't listed. It would definitely be awesome to be able to limit a person's quota by their post group.

In addition, it would be nice if there was the option to only quota a person's personal albums... basically allowing them to post as much as they want in the public albums but have a limit in their personal albums.

That's pretty much it.  I do think it's an awesome script. If I could choose one request I'd like to see first, it would definitely be the option to allow uploaded pictures / comments to affect the post count.

Offline SMFHacks

• Administrator
    • View Profile
1. I have a mod in the Pro forums that adds a link in their profile and under their posts to their user gallery.

2. Mutiple categories little tricky basicly would need to the copy the picture information to each category.

3. Post count increase. Will need to check if that is possible for comments and adding pictures and that SMF will not reset the count if I change it.

4. Quota manager is by each user has that quota in the member group. So if regular memebers have a quota of 10mb then every regular user will have a 10mb quota.

5. Might be able to do the personal gallerly quota.
Get your Forum Ranked! at https://www.forumrankings.net - find out how your forum compares with others!

Like What I do? Support me at https://www.patreon.com/vbgamer45/

Offline olandir

• View Profile
Ah thanks for the heads up on the profile mod.

As far as the multiple categories... that's really like a luxury... the thing that I would like to see more than anything is the ability to increase post counts based on adding images and comments. Also I'd really like to be able to set quota's based on post groups. Right now I only see regular member groups. Basically I'd like to be able to increase their quota based on how active their are in the site.

Thanks.

Offline olandir

• View Profile
I just thought about this. You could do what coppermine does for multiple categories.

You have to select a unique one-word keyword for each category you create. When people upload images, they can add keywords (comma seperated I think) and if they put in a keyword that matches a category keyword, the picture appears in that category.  To make it easy on users there is a link when you add a pictures that gives you a list of category keywords.

Hope that helps.

Offline olandir

• View Profile
Hmmm...

There's an option to add a post to a board every time a picture is posted... I may be able to use that to do what I want with adding post counts.

I've tested it and it looks like i can set the board to one that no one can see and it will still add the post and up the post count for that user.

Only problem would be how large that board would get but I can just use the maintainance feature to clean out the board every month or so.

That will definitely work for now, though it would still be nice to have a feature so it could be done easier.
« Last Edit: February 11, 2007, 03:08:27 am by olandir »

Offline SMFHacks

• Administrator
    • View Profile
I will see what I can do about the post count and do some testing.
Get your Forum Ranked! at https://www.forumrankings.net - find out how your forum compares with others!

Offline dano1

• View Profile
I have installed  gallery Pro 1.2.2 and we are making some test runs and so far there are 2 things that need attention...

1) one of my users has created a category for her creative crafts, under that category she has created sub categories for gourds, dolls, wreaths, etc.  When you go to her personal gallery it shows images = 0, but when you enter her primary category her sub categories are showing images= 9, 1, 3, etc.  I do have the count images in sub categories turned on, but none are being counted.  I originally had it turned off, then turned it on, but even images she has added are not being counted.

Do you have a fix for this?  I line I can change or something, I did this for the bulk upload, and a line chage is not a problem for me.

2) I would like to display the users galleries more predominantly to encourage users to use this feature.  At present all of the public galleries are bold and clearly marked, and the poor users get this little tiny link that says, "view users galleries" which takes you to the list of users galleries.  Is it possible to bring this link up to the same block with the primary galleries on the Gallery home page.

You can see the issues if you like, I can send you the link to my members galleries...

Thank You,
Dano

Offline dano1

• View Profile
Addendeum...

If the sub category count cannot be corrected, then eliminating that count on the top level category would be equally acceptable.  People will assume there are images within that gallery.

Thanks again,
Dan

Offline SMFHacks

• Administrator
    • View Profile
1. Subcategories picture totals currently only goes one level deep and is not currently for user galleries but that is something I will add support for in the next release.

2. User galleries I agree with just need a good idea of how to place them better because the link right now I feel does not place enough weight for them.

Offline RWL

• View Profile
    • RWL
The personal gallery must be presented from the users profile - the issue with SMF is that there is no direct link for a member to view their 'public' profile: ?action=profile;u=50

See attached screenshot which is how i see it could be presented (but much neater!).

In the gallery there could be a member personal gallery search boxes which would encourage members to search the personal galleries, much more inviting than simply browsing them?

Username: (text box)

Gallery Photos: yes/no (check boxes)

MSN: yes/no (check boxes)

MySpace: yes/no (check boxes)

This will of course be dependent on having the MySpace Field Mod and SMF Gallery installed.

Regards,

Wilsy.

« Last Edit: April 06, 2007, 05:51:48 pm by wilsy »
RewindLancs.com Management

Offline RWL

• View Profile
    • RWL
Also if a member then viewed their own 'public profile', and if they hadnt uploaded any personal gallery pics they were presented instead with this: -

or: -

along with the edit links, it would be really obvious that they had a facility for a personal gallery/profile pics.

Regards,

Wilsy.

Offline SMFHacks

• Administrator
    • View Profile
Also if a member then viewed their own 'public profile', and if they hadnt uploaded any personal gallery pics they were presented instead with this: -

or: -

along with the edit links, it would be really obvious that they had a facility for a personal gallery/profile pics.

Regards,

Wilsy.
Those are great images would need either rights or permission to use them though for the mod.

Offline RWL

• View Profile
    • RWL
Hi Hacks,

You can always use this one for the mod - I'm sure people will swap them whatever you choose - and this one was made by me so is completely copyright free and its also a neutral colour: -

http://www.smfhacks.com/index.php/topic,511.msg4352.html#msg4352

Regards,

Wilsy.

Offline RWL

• View Profile
    • RWL
Hi Hacks,

This is where the nice 'no image' gifs came from (there are more as well): -

http://www.tinyportal.net/index.php?topic=10278.msg85217#msg85217

And this is where I have asked the question re copyright: -

http://www.tinyportal.net/index.php?topic=10278.msg124122#msg124122

Regards,

Wilsy.

Offline dano1

• View Profile
1. Subcategories picture totals currently only goes one level deep and is not currently for user galleries but that is something I will add support for in the next release.

2. User galleries I agree with just need a good idea of how to place them better because the link right now I feel does not place enough weight for them.

#1, then is there a way I can eliminate the image numbers until the release is out that supports counting sub category pics?  I could always save the gallery.php or which ever file it is and replace it later when it is supported. The option is in the admin control panel to count images in sub categories?  Don't understand why...

#2, can the users gallery be put into the same block with the general gallery categories?   This way the administrator could move the users to the top, or leave it right underneath the primary category depending on the weight the category plays in the scheme of he website and forum.

I have a mod that gives me a header and footer block where I add in links that my theme does not support, and I could put a link in there but then it would top every page of the forum.  Maybe this wouldn't be a bad thing, but I don't want to end up filling my header with a lot of distracting stuff.

Another possible option if there is a way to accomplish this, is there a way i can create a category under the primary gallery page, and create a redirect to the users gallery.  This way I can have 1 category called Gallery, and another called Members or Users galleries, and when clicked on, it will then redirect to the page that lists the users.

I need to figure out a fix for these glitches, I've had the forum active for only 3 weeks and have had over 3100 page hits just this week alone, and I want to open this up to a couple of groups I belong to, but I haven't yet because of this.

Thanks in advance for any tips that will work for now...
Dan