Total Topics: 7519
Most Online Today: 297
Most Online Ever: 2482
(April 09, 2011, 07:02:45 pm)
Users Online
Members: 0
Guests: 293
Total: 293

Author Topic: SMF Mod Help  (Read 3830 times)

Offline buckslayer

• View Profile
SMF Mod Help
« on: May 29, 2012, 01:04:14 pm »
Hello everyone, I am new to the wonderful world of web design and plan on just building a couple sites for myself but ran into a few issues and was wondering if anyone would be able to help me. My wife asked the same questions on the main SMF forum but had some rather rude responces telling her to pay someone and have them build the site as if they're against other people trying to learn, and I hope I can get a more professional responce here.

We built www.outdoortrader.net a while back and have since been woorking hard to make it even better. We bought the SMF hacks classifieds addition and plan on placing it on our forum once we get things fixed. We added Avia gallery to our forum and decided that we liked the SMF Pro Gallery a lot better so we decided to uninstall the Avia gallery and it just refuses to go away. It almost seems like it rooted itself in other folders and files as well making it a hard removal. Also since trying to remove Avia we now have 2 Google Plus tabs in the posts.   

We've made a 2nd website for where we test stuff before implementing it on our actual page www.outdoortrader.net/odt and so far the classifieds work great on there so we are really hoping to get things straighted out with the main site.

If all else fails, how hard is it to transfer members and posts to another SMF forum? I'm thinking that I'd like to almost transfer everything except the mods to the www.outdoortrader.net/odt page so we can start over without loosing any posts or members.

Thank you all for any help you may be able to give.

Dave

Offline buckslayer

• View Profile
Re: SMF Mod Help
« Reply #1 on: May 31, 2012, 02:22:52 pm »
Anyone have any ideas? I'm about stuck and may be forced to leave SMF for another program that will allow me to transfer members and posts, but I really don't want to do that as I do like the way SMF normally works.

Offline SMFHacks

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 31, 2012, 02:44:33 pm »
The easy way is to make a backup of your entire forum for files and database.
Then grab the large upgrade package from the SMF site and reupload it over your existing forum files. That should wipe out any mods that are currently installed.
Get your Forum Ranked! at https://www.forumrankings.net - find out how your forum compares with others!

Like What I do? Support me at https://www.patreon.com/vbgamer45/

Offline buckslayer

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 31, 2012, 03:12:47 pm »
I just checked with my wife and she said that she was finally told to do that over on the SMF page, but when she did the upgrade thats when some of the other issues started. I guess before she did the upgrade the only issue was not being able to get rid of Avia so we could buy and install the Gallery Pro. The Avia seems to have weaved it's way into damn near every file and just won't go away. Once she did the upgrade, thats when the doubled items (Google+, Users Logged In Today, and the Facebook like button left us). Also one of our pages disapeared as well, but she knows how to re add the page again later once we figure everything else out.

Offline SMFHacks

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 31, 2012, 07:51:37 pm »
Here is another option.
Do a full backup on your forum just the files.

Then delete all the files for the forum EXCEPT for settings.php
Then reupload SMF using the large upgrade package.
That should delete all the entries and hopefully you can then reinstall the packages.
Get your Forum Ranked! at https://www.forumrankings.net - find out how your forum compares with others!

Like What I do? Support me at https://www.patreon.com/vbgamer45/

Offline buckslayer

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: June 30, 2012, 07:22:56 am »
Sorry for the late reply. My wife actually was able to figure it out finally after a little help from the SMF people. I don't know what the issue was, but am very glad that one was taken care of.

+- Recent Topics

Problems SMF 2.0.19 > 2.1.4 SMF Gallery Pro - Recents Images to overall header by Michel68
Today at 08:27:36 am

No thumbnails on new uploads by Tonyvic
Today at 06:26:18 am

Display the Contact Page for guests by SMFHacks
March 27, 2024, 10:55:43 am

is it possible to add support for odysee.com by fvlog19
March 21, 2024, 08:47:51 am

Request for admin notification by davejo
March 10, 2024, 01:31:59 am

I need help with torrent upload by Ineedsmfhelp
March 09, 2024, 10:01:13 pm

an idea for new mod (( content type with different display )) by SMFHacks