Total Topics: 7518
Most Online Today: 201
Most Online Ever: 2482
(April 09, 2011, 07:02:45 pm)
Users Online
Members: 0
Guests: 194
Total: 194

Author Topic: Database error  (Read 13105 times)

Offline davejo

• Downloads Pro Customer
    • View Profile
    • Quizland
Database error
« on: March 13, 2013, 08:24:19 am »
Hi,

For some reason, that I cannot comprehend, we are now getting database errors when we upload any files over 60 MB, they seem to be failing and then creating a database error. I tested a 40 & 60MB file and it was OK , then I tried to upload a 90MB file and it would not do it. Not sure when this started but I have noticed a few of these database errors recently, but that's probvably as more people are uploading.

I have the latest SMF 2.0.4 installed and the Downloads Pro 2.1.12.

Max Filesize is 743.87MB - as set by me in the settings

PHP: Upload Max Filesize 760M, PHP: Post Max Filesize 760M - as set in php.ini

Any ideas what it might be?

If you need access to the site just let me know and you can have it.

regards

Dave

UPDATE: Just noticed this from my host, would it make any difference to the mod?

As PHP versions 5.2.x have reached end-of-life and are no longer supported, PHP will be upgraded to version 5.3.17. Please be aware that if your site or applications implement PHP functions that are incompatible with the new PHP 5.3.x versions, there is a helpful PHP 5.2.x to 5.3.x migration guide that can be found here:http://php.net/manual/en/migration53.php

MySQL will be also be upgraded to version 5.1.65 in order to provide increased security and performance
« Last Edit: March 13, 2013, 09:21:11 am by davejo »

Offline SMFHacks

• Administrator
    • View Profile
Re: Database error
« Reply #1 on: March 13, 2013, 10:07:36 am »
What is the exact database error that you are getting?
Get your Forum Ranked! at https://www.forumrankings.net - find out how your forum compares with others!

Like What I do? Support me at https://www.patreon.com/vbgamer45/

Offline davejo

• Downloads Pro Customer
    • View Profile
    • Quizland
« Reply #2 on: March 14, 2013, 06:22:40 am »
What is the exact database error that you are getting?

Hi,

Thanks for the reply

This is a content of the email I get informing me of the database error.

There has been a problem with the database!

This is a notice email to let you know that SMF could not connect to the database, contact your host if this continues.

This happens every time a file 90MB or larger is uploaded via the 'Downloads Pro' mod.

This is what's in the sites root error log the error log was 200MB+ and the error below is repeated over and over:

Code: [Select]
[14-Mar-2013 17:27:52 UTC] PHP Warning:  PHP Startup: Unable to load dynamic library '/usr/local/lib/php/extensions/no-debug-non-zts-20060613/timezonedb.so' - /usr/local/lib/php/extensions/no-debug-non-zts-20060613/timezonedb.so: cannot open shared object file: No such file or directory in Unknown on line 0
[14-Mar-2013 17:27:52 UTC] PHP Warning:  PHP Startup: Unable to load dynamic library '/usr/local/lib/php/extensions/no-debug-non-zts-20060613/pdo.so' - /usr/local/lib/php/extensions/no-debug-non-zts-20060613/pdo.so: cannot open shared object file: No such file or directory in Unknown on line 0
[14-Mar-2013 17:27:52 UTC] PHP Warning:  PHP Startup: Unable to load dynamic library '/usr/local/lib/php/extensions/no-debug-non-zts-20060613/pdo_sqlite.so' - /usr/local/lib/php/extensions/no-debug-non-zts-20060613/pdo_sqlite.so: cannot open shared object file: No such file or directory in Unknown on line 0
[14-Mar-2013 17:27:52 UTC] PHP Warning:  PHP Startup: Unable to load dynamic library '/usr/local/lib/php/extensions/no-debug-non-zts-20060613/sqlite.so' - /usr/local/lib/php/extensions/no-debug-non-zts-20060613/sqlite.so: cannot open shared object file: No such file or directory in Unknown on line 0
[14-Mar-2013 17:27:52 UTC] PHP Warning:  PHP Startup: Unable to load dynamic library '/usr/local/lib/php/extensions/no-debug-non-zts-20060613/pdo_mysql.so' - /usr/local/lib/php/extensions/no-debug-non-zts-20060613/pdo_mysql.so: cannot open shared object file: No such file or directory in Unknown on line 0
[14-Mar-2013 17:27:52 UTC] PHP Warning:  PHP Startup: Unable to load dynamic library '/usr/local/lib/php/extensions/no-debug-non-zts-20060613/imagick.so' - /usr/local/lib/php/extensions/no-debug-non-zts-20060613/imagick.so: cannot open shared object file: No such file or directory in Unknown on line 0
[14-Mar-2013 17:27:52 UTC] PHP Warning:  PHP Startup: Unable to load dynamic library '/usr/local/lib/php/extensions/no-debug-non-zts-20060613/ixed.5.2.lin' - /usr/local/lib/php/extensions/no-debug-non-zts-20060613/ixed.5.2.lin: cannot open shared object file: No such file or directory in Unknown on line 0

I have contacted the host and complained, thinking it was their problem and who knows it still might be, asking them to move my site to a new server. They have done this before so they may do it again.

I have just done a 'Repair Database' via my cPanel and attempted to upload a 90MB file again but the action never completes. The file gets uploaded as I can see it in the downloads sub folder but the post on the website is never completed and the page just times out.

Regards

Dave

PS: There are no errors in the SMF error log to show this problem.

I have just had a lightbulb moment. I have a php.ini file in the root of my site, if they upgraded the PHP files could the php.ini in the root file be in conflict with the new php version?

« Last Edit: March 14, 2013, 12:36:12 pm by davejo »

Offline SMFHacks

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 14, 2013, 03:14:12 pm »
Hmm you can try removing the php.ini and see if it makes a difference.

Does your host have any hard limits that you can't exceed even with your own php.ini
Get your Forum Ranked! at https://www.forumrankings.net - find out how your forum compares with others!

Offline davejo

• Downloads Pro Customer
    • View Profile
    • Quizland
« Reply #4 on: March 14, 2013, 03:18:10 pm »
Hmm you can try removing the php.ini and see if it makes a difference.

Does your host have any hard limits that you can't exceed even with your own php.ini

Yes it does but I cannot remember what they are now. I will leave it till the weekend to give me more time to test things out. I was going to trial it on my test site but I don't think I can change the php.ini settings on that to at least up it to 90Mb+

I will report back my findings. Thanks as always for the reply...if you think of anything please let me know.

BTW. Although I am subscribed to this topic I am not getting the notifications.

Offline davejo

• Downloads Pro Customer
    • View Profile
    • Quizland
« Reply #5 on: March 16, 2013, 07:39:47 am »
Morning,

Ok I have now removed the php.ini I have on the site and let the hosts one become active. I tried to upload a file and it worked within the limits.

I then went to use a link and create a download but that now comes back with

Forbidden

You don't have permission to access /index.php on this server.

Additionally, a 404 Not Found error was encountered while trying to use an ErrorDocument to handle the request.

Apache Server at davejohnson.co.uk Port 80

This is a copy of the lines of the error log from the root of the site

[16-Mar-2013 12:02:50 UTC] PHP Warning:  PHP Startup: Unable to load dynamic library '/usr/local/lib/php/extensions/no-debug-non-zts-20060613/timezonedb.so' - /usr/local/lib/php/extensions/no-debug-non-zts-20060613/timezonedb.so: cannot open shared object file: No such file or directory in Unknown on line 0
[16-Mar-2013 12:02:50 UTC] PHP Warning:  PHP Startup: Unable to load dynamic library '/usr/local/lib/php/extensions/no-debug-non-zts-20060613/pdo.so' - /usr/local/lib/php/extensions/no-debug-non-zts-20060613/pdo.so: cannot open shared object file: No such file or directory in Unknown on line 0
[16-Mar-2013 12:02:50 UTC] PHP Warning:  PHP Startup: Unable to load dynamic library '/usr/local/lib/php/extensions/no-debug-non-zts-20060613/pdo_sqlite.so' - /usr/local/lib/php/extensions/no-debug-non-zts-20060613/pdo_sqlite.so: cannot open shared object file: No such file or directory in Unknown on line 0
[16-Mar-2013 12:02:50 UTC] PHP Warning:  PHP Startup: Unable to load dynamic library '/usr/local/lib/php/extensions/no-debug-non-zts-20060613/sqlite.so' - /usr/local/lib/php/extensions/no-debug-non-zts-20060613/sqlite.so: cannot open shared object file: No such file or directory in Unknown on line 0
[16-Mar-2013 12:02:50 UTC] PHP Warning:  PHP Startup: Unable to load dynamic library '/usr/local/lib/php/extensions/no-debug-non-zts-20060613/pdo_mysql.so' - /usr/local/lib/php/extensions/no-debug-non-zts-20060613/pdo_mysql.so: cannot open shared object file: No such file or directory in Unknown on line 0
[16-Mar-2013 12:02:50 UTC] PHP Warning:  PHP Startup: Unable to load dynamic library '/usr/local/lib/php/extensions/no-debug-non-zts-20060613/imagick.so' - /usr/local/lib/php/extensions/no-debug-non-zts-20060613/imagick.so: cannot open shared object file: No such file or directory in Unknown on line 0
[16-Mar-2013 12:02:50 UTC] PHP Warning:  PHP Startup: Unable to load dynamic library '/usr/local/lib/php/extensions/no-debug-non-zts-20060613/ixed.5.2.lin' - /usr/local/lib/php/extensions/no-debug-non-zts-20060613/ixed.5.2.lin: cannot open shared object file: No such file or directory in Unknown on line 0

Note that these 6 errors repeat over and over again all the time the downloads mod is operating...once the you go back to the site and just create normal post there are no errors.

This is a copy of the Error log on the test site.

Apply Filter: Only show the error messages of this member dave
Apply Filter: Only show the error messages of this IP address 86.29.31.193   
   Reverse chronological order of list Today at 12:10:01 PM
Apply Filter: Only show the error messages of this session 5e67a8ef7c2c637f2a82c042bdcad07f
Apply Filter: Only show the errors of this type Type of error: Undefined 

Apply Filter: Only show the error messages of this URL

http://www.davejohnson.co.uk/index.php?action=downloads&sa=add2

Apply Filter: Only show the errors with the same message

8: Undefined index: fileurl

Apply Filter: Only show the errors from this file

File: /home/davejohn/public_html/Sources/Downloads2.php
 Line: 1534

Apply Filter: Only show the error messages of this session 5e67a8ef7c2c637f2a82c042bdcad07f

8: Undefined index: cat

Line: 1532

8: Undefined index: keywords

Line: 1531

8: Undefined index: descript

Line: 1530

8: Undefined index: title

Line: 1529 

I am going to set up an account for you as admin on the test site as this is having exactly the same issues as the main site I will send you a PM with the login name and password for the site itself and the ftp and cPanel logins.

PS. I do know that I have the old version 2.1.11 of the mod installed, I have downgraded from 2.1.12 as I thought the update, which I did recently, was the cause of the problem, note also that the mod is only installed on the test site for test purposes only and would not be used on a live site, as I know my licence is for one site only.

If there is anything else you need please let me know.

Offline SMFHacks

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: March 16, 2013, 07:58:11 pm »
Sent you a reply via PM.

Forbidden

Additionally, a 404 Not Found error was encountered while trying to use an ErrorDocument to handle the request.

I believe this is caused by mod_security see if that can be disabled. If not I can make some file changes.

Also you are allowed a test site as well in addition to a production site.

Offline davejo

• Downloads Pro Customer
    • View Profile
    • Quizland
« Reply #7 on: March 17, 2013, 05:36:41 am »
Sent you a reply via PM.

Forbidden

I believe this is caused by mod_security see if that can be disabled. If not I can make some file changes.

Also you are allowed a test site as well in addition to a production site.

Ok I have now asked the host to check the 'mod_security'

Offline davejo

• Downloads Pro Customer
    • View Profile
    • Quizland
« Reply #8 on: March 17, 2013, 06:21:54 am »
Ok the hosts has changed the php.ini file and updated my old version to the new version. The limits have been set as they were before. Although he did reset all the permissions of the files...which means I will have to manually change them. Server permissions are the same as they were prior to the upgrade.

I have tested an upload of 60MB and it still wont work.

Offline davejo

• Downloads Pro Customer
    • View Profile
    • Quizland
« Reply #9 on: March 22, 2013, 03:25:50 pm »
Hi,

Well I cannot do anything with this now it's not letting me add linked files and comes back with this error when I try.

Forbidden

It would seem that the hosts have an 'apache mod security' program running and they are not prepare to stop it.

I am going to start losing members soon if I can't get this running Ok...and that means I also lose income to support the site costs.

As I said before I don't mind paying you to sort this out.

Regards

Dave

PS: This is the same error I get on my main site, so whatever you can do, if anything, on the test site I should be able to reproduce on the main site.
« Last Edit: March 22, 2013, 03:27:35 pm by davejo »

Offline SMFHacks

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: March 22, 2013, 03:27:18 pm »
If they can't turn off mod_security that affects a lot things first time I hear about linked files though?
Are you trying to add a link to a file in the downloads area or is it the downloads?

mod_security doesn't offer much benefit but causes a lot of problems...

Offline davejo

• Downloads Pro Customer
    • View Profile
    • Quizland
« Reply #11 on: March 22, 2013, 03:30:29 pm »
If they can't turn off mod_security that affects a lot things first time I hear about linked files though?
Are you trying to add a link to a file in the downloads area or is it the downloads?

mod_security doesn't offer much benefit but causes a lot of problems...

no I'm using 'Add Download' and then filling out all the necessary info then click on 'Add Download' button and that error above comes up, we still have the problem of file uploads too as small ones complete but bigger ones don't.

Offline SMFHacks

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: March 22, 2013, 03:38:23 pm »
Does the error occur if you take the same link and try to add it in a post in SMF?

Offline davejo

• Downloads Pro Customer
    • View Profile
    • Quizland
« Reply #13 on: March 22, 2013, 04:05:57 pm »
Does the error occur if you take the same link and try to add it in a post in SMF?

Sorry the wife called.

I can post the link on the site no problem.

What i found out was that the mod security gave a false positive and it  thought i was posting 'adult' material which we are not and never have.

Offline SMFHacks

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: March 22, 2013, 04:18:46 pm »