Total Topics: 7518
Most Online Today: 297
Most Online Ever: 2482
(April 09, 2011, 07:02:45 pm)
Users Online
Members: 1
Guests: 268
Total: 269

Author Topic: Feature Requests for SMF Classifieds 3.0  (Read 34135 times)

Offline SMFHacks

• Administrator
    • View Profile
Feature Requests for SMF Classifieds 3.0
« on: March 23, 2013, 11:01:13 pm »
Looking for feature requests for SMF Classifieds 3.0

Currently have the following done for SMF Classifieds 3.0
+Added checkbox approve/delete listings/comments on the comment approval and listing approval page
+Updated html markup style to improve display for SMF 2.0
+Alternate table row styles in different sections of the admin area to make it easier to read
+Added notification system via emails for listings requiring approval and comments waiting approval
+New setting to count member comments as posts
+Better Copyright Removal upgrade system
!Expire date now starts from the approval date of the listing.
Get your Forum Ranked! at https://www.forumrankings.net - find out how your forum compares with others!

Like What I do? Support me at https://www.patreon.com/vbgamer45/

Offline ryansaw

• View Profile
Re: Feature Requests for SMF Classifieds 3.0
« Reply #1 on: March 23, 2013, 11:13:07 pm »
A relist option would be great.  It takes members too much time to have to relist so they simply stop listing.
Also, I would love to see multiples (Quantity option)  like they have on ebay.  That way, they don't miss a sale when one buyer buys their item and the listing closes. 

Keep up the improvements. 

Offline SMFHacks

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 23, 2013, 11:15:30 pm »
Have the relist and qty planned
I am looking to get this out without the next month.
Get your Forum Ranked! at https://www.forumrankings.net - find out how your forum compares with others!

Offline tank_fv101

• Community Suite Customer
    • View Profile
    • N Gauge Forum
« Reply #3 on: March 24, 2013, 03:31:27 am »
The relist and multiples as as already said please. Also, a way to 'save' an item or 'watch' it like on eBay - where you are notified when it's close to ending.

Is there a way (maybe using the Ad mod) to show random For Sales on the main forum?

One more thing that's highly important to me - I have a Wanted section, as well as various For Sale sections. All of them appear together in the recently listed section, but what I'd like is a way to separate them so that I could have a Recently Listed Wants and Recently Listed For Sales.

Thanks very much!  :)
« Last Edit: March 24, 2013, 04:06:47 am by tank_fv101 »

Offline bellboy

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 24, 2013, 05:38:55 am »
1. Support for mobile and responsive themes.
2. Chained fields (ie: Selecting a country in the "country" field would load a list of predefined and corresponding city values in the "city" field, etc).

Offline tank_fv101

• View Profile
    • N Gauge Forum
« Reply #5 on: March 24, 2013, 03:00:51 pm »
A couple more:-

I'd like Photographs to be made mandatory for listings in certain categories.  So, a checkbox in each category setup would be great please.

Buy It Now listings still show 0 bids all of the time.  Can this be taken away, as some buyers think that they can bid, rather than it just being a BIN listing. -  Edit: SMFHacks Done for 3.0

Can the category be shown in the 'Recently Listed' gallery?  Optional of course by a checkbox.
« Last Edit: August 05, 2013, 10:44:24 pm by SMFHacks »

Offline exit

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: March 25, 2013, 05:37:42 pm »
- Bump an ad (paid feature);
- Refactoring the code in different files... (it is a giant mod to be on two files);
- tabless layout;

Offline SMFHacks

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: March 25, 2013, 06:02:57 pm »
- Refactoring the code in different files... (it is a giant mod to be on two files);
Not really a fan of multiple files for smf mods just means more files I have to search for when updating/finding code.

Offline vkot

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: April 10, 2013, 02:09:26 am »
How about making the member's contact details (phone number, email, etc) hidden from non-members? (Contact details should be written in a separate field, not in the message body)
This will also help the site have more members, because visitors will have to register and log-in, to see the contact details.

Offline tank_fv101

• View Profile
    • N Gauge Forum
« Reply #9 on: April 24, 2013, 04:49:27 am »
Sorry to sound impatient....do you have a rough idea on when the new update will be available with the features? :-\

Thank you! :)

Offline Dasher

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: April 24, 2013, 09:23:22 am »
- More intuitive entry of their classified and the first photo upload page. I get many reposts when the user wants to add a photo. Jumping to a new screen to ask for the first photo (meaning the ad was just placed and already online) is not logical or undrstood by many users and many place a new ad.

- I added the classifieds to my forum index. The icons in front are always lit up as if there are new messages. Perhaps have this switch on/off like on regular forum boards.

- Option to collapse the Classifieds area's on the forum index like with the forum sections (arrow button on the far right of the category)

- Add field that states wether it is a WTB; Wanted of WTS; For Sale

- Ommit price on Wanted ads (we force users to list a price, but that means the WTB all have 0.01 or 1.00 as a price listed by the users. Perhaps specify the price as "WTB" instead?

- AutoPurge on the deleted items after x-days. I now have to select a few pages and delete on manual maintenance. We have about 700-800 ads running at a given time and 30-40 expiring every day. You added a button to select all on the page on an earlier request I made (many thanks! saves a lot of time already). Automated deletion would cut down on maintenance time.

- Relist button is a good idea like the others said.

Offline SMFHacks

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: April 24, 2013, 09:44:42 am »
Sorry to sound impatient....do you have a rough idea on when the new update will be available with the features? :-\

Thank you! :)
Still working on it probably a month to a month and a half way. Lost a couple weeks with work stuff.

Offline tank_fv101

• View Profile
    • N Gauge Forum
« Reply #12 on: April 24, 2013, 04:27:24 pm »
OK, thanks! :)

Offline Secure

• View Profile
« Reply #13 on: May 16, 2013, 10:13:46 pm »
Maybe an attribute to the listing like size or color the buyer could select? Thanks

Offline BSD2000

• http://www.VinylAudio.net
    • View Profile
    • VinylAudio.net
« Reply #14 on: June 18, 2013, 06:10:04 am »
•  Add more options for the category custom fields for a configurable drop down list or a checkbox. Most of the items sold on my site are used and having the ability to allow users to select a predetermined item condition (used, new, like new, mint, near mint) that shows up the list of items in a category would be really helpful.  You could even allow BBC color codes so they show up in different colors in the list of items. Maybe even allow the IMG tag so they show up as images. Just a thought.  ;)

• Add the users Paypal address to their profile (or store it one of your tables) so they don't have to keep entering it. Maybe list their address above the box, telling them to leave it blank to use their default Paypal address, or enter a new one. Also, when adding or changing their Paypal address, force them to enter their forum password - and send a confirmation email to the user.

• Automatically re-size the uploaded images to the max size set in the admin panel. Either that, or force lightbox to scale the image to fit the users screen.  Looks like this is already implemented.  ;)

• Option to set a percentage of the final sale price as a fee, like Audiogon and Ebay. Invoice the seller at the end of the auction with the fee amount and a link/button to Paypal so they can easily pay it.

• Go to a CSS template design and drop the table layout, making it easier for admins to customize the look and feel of the layout. This would also give you the option to create 'themes' that can be downloaded and traded with admins who use this mod.  :)

• Create a single .png sprite file with all of the buttons used by the classified section (Buy It Now, Place Bid, Buy, etc), call the buttons from a css template. Or, just use single .gif files for each button in an image folder so they can be customized.

• During my testing of the 'auto bid' auction feature, if the current bid is $10 and someone places a maximum bid for $25, and the bid increment amount is $1, the mod should calculate the maximum ending bid by looking for the highest bid based on the increment amount like eBay does - but it doesn't. It seems like you just take the highest bid amount and use that as the ending 'winning' bid and final price. Say you have two people biding on an item, one person may have a maximum bid of $50, the other $30. If the bid increment is $1, the first bidder should win - but the final price should be $31, NOT $50. Just take the second highest bidder, add the increment amount and that should be your final price.

• Show a countdown clock (real time?) when the auction has less than 1 hour left. You can still add minutes to the end time to allow bidders to outbid each other, but it would be more interactive if bidders can watch the clock count down in real time.

• Add a 'But It Now' column and button to the item list for a category.

• Add a 'best offer' option with two options - either have the offer automatically accepted if it meets a set amount (thus ending the auction), or allow the seller to accept or deny the best offer. Keep track of the offers and show them on the item listing page (Offers received: xx). Send PM's when a seller receives an offer, PM the buyer if the offer was accepted or denied. Allow the seller to counter the buyers best offer.

• Increase the font size of the price (and make it bold) so it's easier to read. (Again, using CSS templates would make this easier for admins to modify/customize.) Move the shipping cost under the price in a smaller (relative to the price being larger) font.

• Move the viewers, start/ending date, time left, discussion topic, and keywords from the bottom of the listing page to the right hand side, under the 'Submit Feedback for xxxx'.

• Add a custom header block (instead of a plain line with the word 'Classifieds' on it) at the top of the page so admins can put news, rules and instructions for users. (HTML or BBC is fine)

• Add a editable, custom FAQ page and a button somewhere on the buttons list (Add listing, Add Auction, Search, etc) so admins can answer common user questions and offer instructions. This may be redundant since you do have buyer and seller agreements which can be used for this purpose.

That's all I can think of for now.  ;D

Thanks for all of your hard work.
« Last Edit: June 20, 2013, 05:27:19 am by BSD2000 »