Total Topics: 7518
Most Online Today: 201
Most Online Ever: 2482
(April 09, 2011, 07:02:45 pm)
Users Online
Members: 0
Guests: 198
Total: 198

Author Topic: A few problems with Ad Seller Pro / ezPortal  (Read 4792 times)

Offline SeppoK

• View Profile
    • World's Largest Finnish language cnc technology enthusiasts Discussion Forum
A few problems with Ad Seller Pro / ezPortal
« on: June 18, 2013, 05:13:32 pm »
Hey SMFHacks!

I am running SMF 2.0.4 and Ad Seller Pro 1.0.14 and ezPortal 1.0. Theme is Flagrant_2-0 (compatible with 2.04 SMF). I've also done Finnish language translation  (adseller.finnish-utf8.php). The site is www.cnc-tekniikka.com.

I am currently testing the Ad Seller Pro's activities and the purpose of selling it to advertisement placing site. It almost works, but there are still a few problems, which I have not found a solution. Since I use ezPortal, which will be published through the home page and then do ezPortalin to other non-forum pages, so I would like to publish banners on the main EzPortalin through. Ad Seller Pro ezBlock are used in EzPortal. I use ezPortal also because I have not been able to modify the default theme for all Locates, so the ads do not appear directly in Flagrant theme.

The problems are as follows:
  • Banner Destination Website does not work, that is not driven to that page, even if the url is set in place. The click leads to the homepage of www.cnc-tekniikka.com. See attachment A: AdSeller_A.jpg. I also tried a Website Banner Destination form:  http://www.talitintti.com form, but this caused a 403 error when saving the ad. You can see this when you click on the front page of www.cnc-tekniikka.com the lower banner (right side).
  • Another problem is the same as shown in Your Support forum:    Question abt using one area for multiple ad's « on: March 24, 2013, 06:58:15 am » I have copied the code from post Reply # 1 on: March 24, 2013 to file Themes / default / index.template.php but it did not help apparently because the banner will be published ezPortalin through. In that place there are now three banners (labeled A, B, and C, see attachment: AdSeller_Marked-A.jpg) and they come up randomly one at a time, alternately, when the page is reloaded. I wonder what this would be an adjustment? Similarly, I would like to horizontal banners side by side, for example here: http://www.cnc-tekniikka.com/CNC-forum1/index.php?board=151.0.
  • The third problem relates to the Admin function: Locates. Please see attachments AdSeller_Locations-1 and AdSeller_Locations-2. Admin side of the Ad Locations List shows the locations of 10 pieces, but the Ad Packages in Edit mode shows 20 locations, of which the last two are self-made. These, however, I can not edit or delete, because I can't get the sight of an ad Locations section.
Ad Seller Pro package is really good, but those three things I should first get the corrected. Attached is also the file: Themes/default/index.template.php

Offline SMFHacks

• Administrator
    • View Profile
Re: A few problems with Ad Seller Pro / ezPortal
« Reply #1 on: June 18, 2013, 05:22:14 pm »
1. For the 403 error make sure you have mod_security disabled for your site.
http://wiki.simplemachines.org/smf/Mod_security_-_Having_problems_with_mod_security

2. Will look more in depth tonight/tomorrow

3. See if you can change the start url to higher number in the url
adpro;sa=adlocations;start=20

Example above if the url is start=10 change to start=20

I checked on my test 2.0.x site and you should have 3 pages instead just the one page you see.

Get your Forum Ranked! at https://www.forumrankings.net - find out how your forum compares with others!

Like What I do? Support me at https://www.patreon.com/vbgamer45/

Offline SeppoK

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 19, 2013, 03:45:00 am »
1. Thank you for help. I made a contribution in .htaccess file, but it did not help. I have asked for support for the server administrator.
         -> Resolved 19.6.2013

3. Your instructions helped. But as I studied the matter more closely, so the problem was not AdPro; sa = adlocations, start = 20. The problem was that in Flagrant theme, the background color of the bar was almost the same as the font color, so the more pages the numbers 2 and 3 did not show. I fixed css file. See the attachments. But one more question here: How do I completely remove a Locate. I can not find the option. Now in list is the latest an extra, because I tried twice to make a new location.
« Last Edit: June 19, 2013, 02:15:13 pm by SeppoK »

Offline SMFHacks

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 19, 2013, 10:08:05 pm »
2. Do you want to show multiple ads in one spot in the location. Or have multiple ad spots in one location.
Get your Forum Ranked! at https://www.forumrankings.net - find out how your forum compares with others!

Offline SeppoK

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 20, 2013, 04:49:39 am »
I understand that currently shows multiple ads in one spot in the location? See www.cnc-tekniikka.com front page and press F5 ==> in rigt side location in the same spot shows alternating four almost similar testbanners: marked A / B / C / D

Your question: "2. Do you want to show multiple ads in one spot in the location. Or have multiple ad spots in one location."
Hmm ... would it be possible to get both?  

I'll explain:
  • I would like to primarily have multiple ad spots in one location. In tower locations on top of each and in the horizontal locations side by side. See attachment: AdSeller_RightSide2.jpg . I think in www.cnc-tekniikka.com site most advertisers want to see her own ad to show in the chosen location all the time, but not alternating with other ads. Originally, I understood that the setting: AdSeller_quantity.jpg defines the alignment of or on top of ads that appear on the maximum number of in one location. But it meant the number of ads that are shown alternating in the same spot in this location. This feature is great and I would definitely use it.
  • In addition, I would like in the same location sold in more than one package (alignment of the tower and the horisontal side by side). See attachment: AdSeller_Adv2.jpg. This I have not been able to succed, even though I have done my Ad-package size different from the other banners. So I made a new Location and the new Package, and in addition the new EzPortal EzBlock, which was characterized by a new location ID (1002).

-------
   Edit 20.6.2013

I tested a bit and found that I get the desired functions of the current Ad Seller Pro features. See attachments. That is, points 1 to 3 are in good condition.

Thank you for a wonderful SMF additional package, and thanks for the quick support.
« Last Edit: June 20, 2013, 01:53:23 pm by SeppoK »

Offline SMFHacks

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: June 21, 2013, 03:15:26 pm »
Glad you have it working let me know if you need anything else.

Offline SeppoK

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: June 21, 2013, 04:01:39 pm »
Ok. I have a few suggestions that could be considered in the next update. I'll post the message in a few days in a separate topic.