Users Online
Members: 0
Guests: 337
Total: 337

Forum > Support

Gallery Pro extremely slow to load

(1/8) > >>

TeraS:
We've been using Gallery Pro since version 4.0 and we've moved to a new server.

Real life has meant I wasn't able to update to 7.0.2, which is the last version I'd had before the updating stopped, again because of real life these past few years.

We updated from 5.0.3a to 7.0.2 and the loading time for the Gallery takes 5 seconds or longer. Many times the server times out with:

Query execution was interrupted (max_statement_time exceeded)
File: /usr/share/nginx/html/smf_forum/Sources/Gallery2.php
Line: 10754

Is there a way to fix this issue? Would moving further up the versions get us to a solution? I know we have a lot of files in the Gallery as well.

Thoughts would be welcome...

SMFHacks:
It probably won't. I would need to see the query on line 10754 that is being run. If you can post that here that would help.

lovetohax:
To add onto this (co-admin), we've been able to narrow it down to when users either search or enter the gallery.

This query pops up in the SQL process list as being the culprit:

| 666 | ***   | localhost | *** | Query   |  203 | Sending data | SELECT p.id_picture, p.id_cat, p.commenttotal, p.keywords, p.filesize, p.thumbfilename, p.approve |    0.000 |

It locks the tables and instantly takes down the whole forum. I had to set the query time out to 10 seconds to avoid the whole site crashing, with PHP timing out.

We've tried doing a brief update to the gallery to test it out, and it seems to not have any impact.

SMFHacks:
Can see the whole query? I would liike to see it then do an explain on the query and a show create table on smf_gallery_pic I want to see the indexes that are setup.

lovetohax:
The whole query is:

--- Code: --- $smcFunc['db_query']('', "INSERT INTO {db_prefix}gallery_pic
(ID_CAT, filesize,thumbfilename,filename, height, width,
keywords, title, description,ID_MEMBER,date,approved,allowcomments,
sendemail,mediumfilename,mature)
VALUES ($ID_CAT, " . $row['filesize']  . ",'" . $extrafolder .  $thumbname . "', '" . $extrafolder . $filename . "',
$sizes[1], $sizes[0], '" . $row['keywords']  . "','" . $row['title']  . "', '" . $row['description']  . "', " . $row['ID_MEMBER']  . ",
$t," . $row['approved']  . ", " . $row['allowcomments']  . "," . $row['sendemail']  . ",'" . $extrafolder .  $mediumimage . "'," . $row['mature']  . ")");
$gallery_pic_id = $smcFunc['db_insert_id']('{db_prefix}gallery_pic', 'id_picture');

--- End code ---

Though the line is in the middle of the query and not the beginning (weird, is this the right query?).

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

+- Recent Topics

Please Help! by SMFHacks
April 17, 2024, 08:04:55 am

Rate own images by fvlog19
April 11, 2024, 10:56:53 am

Tidy Child Boards on 2.1.4 by SMFHacks
April 04, 2024, 03:54:12 pm

Problems SMF 2.0.19 > 2.1.4 SMF Gallery Pro - Recents Images to overall header by Michel68
March 30, 2024, 12:41:08 pm

Can't DROP 'id_member'; check that column/key exists Datei: by SMFHacks
March 30, 2024, 11:58:20 am

No thumbnails on new uploads by Tonyvic
March 29, 2024, 06:26:18 am

Display the Contact Page for guests by SMFHacks
March 27, 2024, 10:55:43 am

is it possible to add support for odysee.com by fvlog19
March 21, 2024, 08:47:51 am

Request for admin notification by davejo
March 10, 2024, 01:31:59 am

I need help with torrent upload by Ineedsmfhelp